Time to celebrate! Derek Hough does some Christmas shopping in LA after the success of Hairspray Live
He spent months perfecting his character for the televised production of Hairspray Live!.
And now that the critically acclaimed live musical has wrapped, Derek Hough, who played Corny Collins, is taking some time to kick back until his next big gig.
The 31-year-old professional dancer - still basking in the success of the NBC special - was spotted doing some holiday shopping on Friday at The Grove in Los Angeles.
Well-deserved: Derek Hough, 31, takes some time off on Friday for holiday shopping after months of rehearsals for Hairspray Live!
The Dancing With the Stars veteran was cool and casual in a long sleeve white tee with one sleeve rolled up, a pair of stone washed dark blue jeans, and brown boots.
His signature blond hair was combed neatly and styled with gel.
One hand rested in his pocket casually and the other clutched a large shopping bag.
The hunky actor just wrapped up the television special that aired live on Wednesday.
After the show: The hunky actor just wrapped up the television special that aired live on Wednesday
The star-studded cast also included Dove Cameron, Ariana Grande, and Kristen Chenoweth.
The show was a live rendition of the musical which was set in 1960s Baltimore, where dance-loving teen Tracy Turnblad (Maddie Baillio) auditioned for a coveted spot on The Corny Collins Show. She becomes an overnight celebrity and a trendsetter in dance and fashion.
Hough gave a convincing performance as he played Corny Collins, the host of the show.
The part was previously played by actor-turned-director Shawn Thompson in 1988 and James Marsden in 2007.
He killed it: Hough gave a convincing performance as he played Corny Collins, the host of the show
Hough must have done a pretty good job portraying the character, as searches for 'corny collins in hairspray live' skyrocketed since the handsome actor hit the silver screen.
One Twitter user commented, 'Derek Hough was born to be Corny Collins.'
Next up for Derek is a spot on Jennifer Lopez-backed dance project World of Dance, where he will be a judge alongside JLo and Ne-Yo.
Dancers will compete to win a $1 million prize. A variety of dance styles will be used including hip-hop, krumping, popping, locking, tap, ballet, ballroom, and more.
Stepping into big shoes: The part was previously played by actor-turned-director Shawn Thompson in 1988 and James Marsden in 2007
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"