Homeowner adds hilarious 'Mission: Impossible' recorder music to CCTV footage of foiled burglary that shows the suspect getting busted by Dallas police
- Nate Gasser, of Dallas, Texas, uploaded the clip on Youtube on Thursday
- Says a 'master thief' broke into his home the previous day and disabled the alarm
- Gasser saw his system was off and called the police, who arrested the suspect
- He later turned the CCTV footage into a hilarious clip with recorder music
- The video, which features songs from 'Mission: Impossible', 'Rocky' and 'Cops', has been viewed more than 800,00 times
A homeowner made light of a foiled burglary by adding hilarious recorder music to his own CCTV footage - turning it into a rather lame, real-life version of 'Mission: Impossible'.
Nate Gasser, who lives in Dallas, Texas, shared the video Thursday on YouTube, where it has been viewed more than 800,000 times. He said a 'master thief' broke into his home the previous day around 11.35am after disabling the alarm with a hammer.
Gasser said he called the police after noticing his system had been disabled and arrived home while cops confronted the man. Officers eventually handcuffed and arrested the suspect.
The break-in went from scary to hilarious when Gasser edited CCTV footage of the event and added songs from 'Mission: Impossible', 'Rocky' and 'Cops' - played on a recorder.
A Dallas homeowner turned his CCTV footage into a hilariously lame real-life version of 'Mission: Impossible' after a burglar broke into his home by adding recorder music to the clip
Nate Gasser posted the video (pictured) Thursday on YouTube. He said a 'master thief' broke into his home the previous day around 11:35 am after disabling the alarm with a hammer
The 'Mission: Impossible' theme begins as the man can be seen rummaging around the front yard. The suspect manages to get inside the house.
Gasser inserted a note in the footage saying the man had disabled the alarm with a hammer, prompting Gasser to call 911 and race back home.
'He had about 30 minutes to rummage through the house, dumping out every rubber maid tote of summer clothing and cleared out all closets,' Gasser wrote on YouTube.
The recorder music starts again as a police car pulls up, this time to the sound of the 'Rocky' theme. Two officers step out of the vehicle and inside the house, where a commotion can be heard.
The clip includes songs from 'Mission: Impossible', 'Rocky' and 'Cops' played on a recorder and ends with Dallas police officers arresting the suspect (pictured)
Gasser (pictured left with his wife) said the suspect spent 30 minutes inside his home, 'dumping out every rubber maid tote of summer clothing and cleared out all closets'
The officers can then be seen walking out with the suspect in handcuffs, leading him away to the sound of the 'Cops' soundtrack.
Gasser thanked the Dallas Police Department for busting the suspect.
'My eight-foot board-on-board fence, my clearly marked security signs (front and back) my two 50-pound dogs, my outdoor and indoor cameras were no match for this master thief,' he wrote.
Gasser chose to make light of the event after it ended well.
'Recorders are hilarious, I guess,' he told WFAA. 'You could stress out or you could make a joke about it and I like to make jokes about everything. I guess that's kind of what happened here.'
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Prince Philip reminisces about expansion of Duke of Edinburgh awards
- Homeowner trolls bungling burglar with Mission Impossible theme
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'I wanted the painting!': Joanna Lumley jokes about Duke's artwork
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Adorable dog won't allow owner to stop scratching his belly
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"