'You can never get that time back': Dannii Minogue says she is happy to have stepped away from her TV roles to become a stay-at-home mum... but now intends to return to the spotlight
She stepped away from her duties as an X Factor Australia judge last year to focus on spending quality time with her young son.
And Dannii Minogue has revealed in an interview with TV Week published on Monday, she doesn't regret a single moment spent at home with six-year-old Ethan over the past year.
The 45-year-old singer and actress says stepping away from TV to focus on Ethan's development has filled her with joy.
'You can never get that time back': Dannii Minogue says she is happy to have stepped away from her TV roles to become a stay-at-home mum to six-year-old Ethan, as she reflects on the past year
'You can never get that time back again,' the former Neighbours star said of her decision to become a stay-at-home mum.
'I'm happy I've had the past year with Ethan while he's started his first year of school... Just doing the school runs and being there for him,' Dannii added.
She revealed to the publication she chose to leave her mentoring role on the talent show as it was a demanding gig, which she struggled to fit in with being a mother.
'I'm happy I've had the past year with Ethan': The singer and actress has reflected on the year and being able to see her son's personality and humour grow
Leaving the spotlight: The mother-of-one revealed she chose to leave her mentoring role on the talent show as it was a demanding gig, which she struggled to fit in with being a her parenting duties
'They also still need so much mothering and caring at six. And the first year of school is exhausting. It's a lot to navigate,' Dannii said.
The TV judge says she's been able to see her son's personality and humour grow over the past year and revealed seeing his reading ability develop was her proudest mothering moment.
Dannii also let slip that Ethan loves to make people laugh by faking a tumble.
Now Ethan has settled in at school, Dannii is planning to break her self-imposed hiatus and return to the screen.
'It's a lot to navigate': Dannii spoke about how exhausting navigating Ethan's first year of school was, noting even as a six-year-old, kids need plenty of mothering and care
Dannii is set to head back to the UK to appear as a judge on a new reality TV competition, called Let It Shine.
Sitting alongside Martin Kemp, Amber Riley and original Take That member Gary Barlow, as they cast for a new musical based on the boy band's life.
As an ambassador for the 2017 TV Week Logies Awards, she will also return periodically to Australia to fulfill her duties.
Read more! Find out more about Dannii's next career move in the recent issue of TV Week
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- 'They make each other laugh': Countess Sophie on the Duke and Queen
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"