EXCLUSIVE: 'Conflicted' Kim Kardashian - who is staying with Kris Jenner in Calabasas as Kanye recovers at the couple's Bel Air mansion - has not discussed divorce with her husband fearing it will set back his recovery
- Kim Kardashian has been feeling 'overwhelmed' since Kanye West's breakdown on November 21, which left him hospitalized
- A close friend of the star told DailyMail.com that Kardashian will decide what's next for her and West's relationship over the holidays
- Kardashian is said to be 'hopeful' of him making a complete recovery - but is reluctant to broach the subject of their marriage for fear of a relapse
- Kardashian has been staying with her mother Kris Jenner in Calabasas, California
- Rapper West, 39, has been recovering in Bel Air while overseeing further renovations at the couple's Calabasas home
- He and Kardashian are thought to have been arguing a lot in the run-up to his meltdown
The reality star is also said to be 'conflicted' over the future of her marriage - and is staying with her mother Kris Jenner in Calabasas, California, while West recovers at the couple's $11 million Bel Air mansion.
A close friend of the star, speaking on condition of anonymity, also told DailyMail.com that Kardashian, 36, will make a decision about her relationship over the holidays, but does not want to discuss the situation with her husband until she is sure that he has recovered.
Kim Kardashian has been feeling 'overwhelmed' since Kanye West's breakdown on November 21, which left him hospitalized. West made return to public life last week and was seen with a head of freshly dyed blond hair at a furniture exhibition in West Hollywood
'It's just been a very difficult time for her,' said the source. 'She wasn't even recovered from the ordeal she had been through and then he [Kanye] goes crazy and takes all the attention off of her.
'She has two kids at home and she is really upset because now she also has to deal with him.
'He's been at the Bel Air house with a staff of nurses and doctors and she's just been staying at her mom's.'
The source added: 'Kim really concerned about him and wants him to be well but the thing is, she's still recovering herself and it would be nice if she had a partner who was able to take care of her.'
Rapper West, 39, who has been using his recovery time to oversee further renovations at the couple's Calabasas home, was taken to hospital on November 21 after suffering a 'psychotic break'.
He had been taking part in a gym session at the West Hollywood home of trainer Harley Pasternak when he became agitated and allegedly began screaming that people were trying to kill him.
Dr Michael Farzam was called to the scene and West was placed on a 5150 hold, which allows a physician to forcibly admit a patient to hospital, before being taken to the UCLA Medical Center.
West is said to have been handcuffed to a gurney during the journey, which came two days after he launched a bizarre rant on stage in Sacramento, California, and 24 hours after he announced that he was canceling all remaining dates on his Life of Pablo tour.
Kardashian has been staying with her mother, Kris Jenner, in Calabasas, California, while West recovers
Rapper West, 39, has been living in the couple's Bel Air home (pictured above) as he recovers. He's been using his free time time to oversee further renovations at the couple's Calabasas home
Kardashian, who had traveled to New York to attend the ritzy Angel Ball with her mother and sisters Khloe and Kourtney, was forced to dash back across the country to be at his side - and was seen disembarking from a private jet at Van Nuys airport later the same day.
Although West has not spoken publicly about what happened, the breakdown is thought to have been sparked by his ongoing grief over the death of his mother Donda in 2007 and by exhaustion caused by his heavy work schedule.
He and Kardashian are thought to have been arguing a lot in the run-up to his meltdown, while the attack on her in Paris on October 3 is also believed to have contributed.
Nevertheless, West has made a return of sorts to public life and was seen on December 9 with a head of freshly dyed blond hair at a furniture exhibition being held at the MOCA Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood.
Kardashian is said to be 'hopeful' of West making a complete recovery - but is reluctant to discuss the subject of their marriage for fear of West relapsing
A day later, the Famous hitmaker was seen enjoying a bike ride close to his Bel Air home, accompanied by friends and a posse of security guards.
'He's getting better,' a well-placed source told DailyMail.com. 'He's stabilized but he still needs some time to recover.
'He's still a little bit out of sorts. He's getting really good care and treatment right now at home, in private. He's resting a lot, he's on the right medication and he's really on the right path.'
Kardashian, meanwhile, is said to be 'hopeful' of him making a complete recovery - but is reluctant to broach the subject of their marriage for fear of a relapse.
'Kim is hopeful but by the same token, she is proceeding with caution because she's been through so much recently,' explained the source.
'She's really reassessing everything around her, all of her relationships. She wants to surround herself with positive people, healthy people, sane people, so she's in a really difficult position.
'She's taking time for herself through the holidays to decide how she wants to proceed but right now, she's not sure she if she wants to stay married to him or if she wants to get a divorce.
'She's really conflicted about everything and she's going to make a decision when he gets better. That's when she'll break the news to him because she doesn't want him to go crazy again.'
Meanwhile, her own public reemergence, which had been scheduled for last month's Angel Ball, has now been put on hold 'indefinitely'.
Instead, Kardashian, who has been using her time off to plot a conservative new look, will make her return to the red carpet 'at some point next year'.
'[Her public reemergence] is on hold indefinitely,' said the friend. 'She was planning to come out [into public life] again around the holidays but in light of what happened to Kanye, she needs more time and he needs to heal.
'So probably at some point next year, she'll reemerge. But right now, and through the holidays, she's going to stay in seclusion.'
Representatives for Kardashian and West have been approached for comment.
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Hammer wielding thugs smash car windows and threaten man
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"
- Ferrari crashes into pedestrians while racing near Battersea Dogs Home