Prince Harry and girlfriend Meghan Markle are 'spotted carrying a 6ft £56.95 Christmas tree' in London
- Couple were reportedly seen at Christmas tree stall in London last night
- Assistant says they bought a £56 tree which Harry carried to the car
- The couple are thought to be spending time together before Christmas
Prince Harry has reportedly been out choosing a Christmas tree with his girlfriend Meghan Markle.
The pair are said to have been spotted not far from his Kensington Palace home yesterday evening as they prepare to spend some time together before Christmas.
Harry, 32, is understood to be spending the Yuletide apart from his new love as he visits Sandringham to be with his grandmother The Queen.
Prince Harry and his girlfriend Meghan Markle were reportedly out buying a Christmas Tree
The pair are said to have visited Pines and Needles in Battersea yesterday evening
He and American actress Meghan, 35, were reportedly seen perusing the trees at Pines and Needles in Battersea as they spend some rare time with each other.
Sam Lyle, who runs the firm, said: 'You could have heard a pin drop - or a needle - when Prince Harry and Meghan walked into the store.
'They were completely charming together and unaware that our jaws had hit the floor.
'They chose a gorgeous Nordmann Fir and walked away after exchanging Christmas pleasantries.'
The couple bought a 6ft-high non-drop Nordmann Fir, which Harry paid £56.95 for before carrying it to his car and driving, he said.
Fellow shopper Gary Spence said: 'It was a bit weird seeing Prince Harry browsing the Christmas trees. I thought he'd go for the biggest one around, but he just wanted a little six footer.'
Sam Lyle (right), who runs the firm, said staff were shocked by the couple's entrance
Harry now lives in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace on the east side of Hyde Park.
Meghan was out in her home city of Toronto on Sunday but it is believed she may have taken a trans-Atlantic flight on Sunday or yesterday to be with Harry.
Earlier this week, Meghan wrote an essay for Elle UK magazine on racism in Hollywood and in the US.
Telling of her own campaigning, she wrote: 'You push for colour-blind casting, you draw your own box … you create the identity you want for yourself, just as my ancestors did when they were given their freedom.'
Meghan was out with a friend in Canada on Sunday, but is thought to have since flown to London
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"
- Ferrari crashes into pedestrians while racing near Battersea Dogs Home
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky