Kanye West 'jets to NYC to bolster his medical team as he steps up recovery after psychotic breakdown'
TMZ claims the chosen doctor will treat Kanye, 39, when he's on the East Coast, with the rapper already boasting a medical team in the West of the country.
MailOnline has contacted representatives for Kanye and is awaiting a response.
Scroll down for video
On the mend: Troubled Kanye West, 39, is recruiting a psychiatrist in Manhattan as he continues to recover from his recent breakdown, according to reports
The Famous hitmaker allegedly flew to New York on a private jet accompanied by his medical team to interview potential candidates for the post.
Those charged with his care also ensured he took his medication to prevent a relapse.
The gossip site added that it's crucial Kanye manage his stress levels, with the star focusing his energy on the reworking of his $20 million Hidden Hills estate in a bid to keep calm.
Kanye was recently released from hospital following a series of bizarre incidents. He emerged in New York on Monday just weeks after suffering a 'psychotic break'.
Kanye wore a pair of his Yeezy trainers and baggy clothing for only his second public outing since the hospitalization.
The road to recovery: TMZ claims the chosen doctor will treat Kanye, 39, when he's on the East Coast, with the rapper already boasting a medical team in the West of the country
A source told People that same day that Kanye's wife Kim Kardashian was annoyed at the rapper for not resting.
'Kim still denies they are getting a divorce, but things are definitely not great between her and Kanye,' the insider said.
'Kanye is supposed to rest and focus on his mental health. Instead, he has had a very busy week and is done resting,' the source continued. 'Kim acts annoyed. She also seems miserable and is spending a lot of time with her family.'
The rapper was taken to hospital on November 21.
Important decision: The Famous hitmaker allegedly flew to New York on a private jet accompanied by his medical team to interview potential candidates for the post
He had been taking part in a gym session at the West Hollywood home of trainer Harley Pasternak when he became agitated and allegedly began screaming that people were trying to kill him.
Dr Michael Farzam was called to the scene and West was placed on a 5150 hold, which allows a physician to forcibly admit a patient to hospital, before being taken to the UCLA Medical Center.
West is said to have been handcuffed to a gurney during the journey, which came two days after he launched a bizarre rant on stage in Sacramento, California, and 24 hours after he announced that he was canceling all remaining dates on his Life of Pablo tour.
He and Kardashian are thought to have been arguing a lot in the run-up to his meltdown, while the attack on her in Paris on October 2 is also believed to have contributed.
Keeping it together: The reality star has had a rough couple of months (pictured on October 2 the day she was robbed in Paris)
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one
- Ferrari crashes into pedestrians while racing near Battersea Dogs Home
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky