Would you pay $50,000 for a coffee with Ivanka Trump? Charity auction features chance to hang out with the President-elect's daughter... as long as you pass the background check
- Auction will benefit the Eric Trump Foundation and is expected to raise $50,000
- The winner and a guest will be vetted by the Secret Service ahead of meeting
- They'll meet Ivanka for 30-45 minutes in NYC or Washington sometime next year
Two people will have the chance to talk politics over a cup of coffee with Ivanka Trump - as long as they pass the background check and fork over a huge contribution to her brother's charity.
The date with Ivanka (and Secret Service members) will take place sometime next year for up to 45 minutes at either Trump Tower in New York City or Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC, depending on her busy schedule.
The opportunity is being sold by auction website Charitybuzz, which values the meet-and-greet at $50,000.
Proceeds will benefit Ivanka’s brother Eric Trump’s foundation, which provides support for initiatives at St Jude’s Children Research Hospital.
The winner of the coffee date with the future First Daughter, pictured, will be vetted by both the secret service and Trump Organization
The Charitybuzz listing describes the 35-year-old's business experience, including her work as vice president of her dad's Trump Organisation and president-CEO of the Ivanka Trump Brand
Although it's for charity, the value of the prize is steep, especially given that travel and accommodations for the winner aren't included.
But that hasn't stopped someone from bidding $24,000 for the meet-and-greet, and with seven days to go it's possible someone will be prepared to spend the full $50,000.
According to the fine print, the 'winner and guest must pass a criminal background check and be approved by the United States Secret Service and reserves the right to decline the winner on any grounds they deem fit.'
Guidelines also stipulate that the winner can take a photo with Ivanka but can't ask for autographs.
The Eric Trump Foundation raises money for terminally-ill children at St Jude’s Children Research Hospital in Memphis
Eric established the foundation in 2006 at the age of 22
Ivanka was one of Donald Trump's closest advisers during his campaign
Ivanka's status as future First Daughter is hinted at under the listing's long list of terms and conditions, which gives some indication to the prize's worth.
The Charitybuzz listing describes the 35-year-old's business experience, including her work as vice president of the Trump Organization.
She was also one of her dad's closest advisers during his campaign and is active in his transition team, as is her husband Jared Kushner.
Previous Charitybuzz auctions have included TV walk-on roles and a voicemail recording by Hugh Jackman.
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet