'My mum so rarely gets to see our girls': Keith Urban reveals Christmas plans in Australia with wife Nicole Kidman and two daughters ... after admitting to touring with 24 GUITARS
He's the rocker and dedicated father of two.
And Keith Urban has revealed that his mother rarely sees her granddaughters, making his current Australian tour all the more important.
The revelation came during an interview with KIIS FM's Sophie Monk and Matty Action on Tuesday, in which the country crooner also fessed up to always going on tour with 24 guitars in tow.
Scroll down for video
'My mum so rarely gets to see our girls': On Tuesday Keith Urban revealed how his mother rarely sees his two daughters during an interview with KIIS FM's Sophie Monk and Matty Action
The 49-year-old told Summer Fling that his tour would conclude in time for Christmas celebrations with his and wife Nicole Kidman's families.
'Nic and the girls are coming down for Christmas. They will be down I think next week,' he said.
'Then we are all here for Chrissy.'
The rocker said the festive season was particularly special, as it allowed his mother an opportunity to spend time with his two girls, Sunday and Faith.
Family of four: The Kidman-Urban clan base themselves in the United States away from their Australia-based families
'My mum so rarely gets to see our girls, so it is extra special,' Keith said.
'But a lot of kids are in that boat, I was in that boat - I didn't get to see my grandparents regularly.'
Keith also confessed to a shocked Sophie that he always toured with 24 guitars.
How many? The rocker also revealed how he travels with 24 guitars in tow whenever he tours
'Apparently you travel with 24 guitars - is that because you break the strings? Or do you need different style ones?' The blonde bombshell asked.
'It's a whole bunch of different reasons - some of them tune different - they just sound different you know?' Keith replied.
But he later revealed the instruments weren't just all for him, adding 'I give one away every show, I sign one and I give it away.'
There's a catch: But he later revealed that he gives away one signed guitar after every performance
The country singer, who has had a well-publicised battle with drug addiction, said he had no regrets about leaving school at age 15 to pursue a music career.
It was the right decision for him and allowed him to go out and make good money, he said.
'I wished I could have left sooner,' Keith added.
'... In my case I was playing in a band every weekend, and the band would play during the week without me.'
Tour: Carrie and Keith are touring Australia together and kicked off in Melbourne
Big fan: Carrie recently revealed that she used to listen to Keith in high school
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet