'I like the idea of not being nominated': This Is Us star Milo Ventimiglia takes Golden Globes snub in his stride
Talk about showing dignity in defeat.
Milo Ventimiglia proved he one of Hollywood's biggest gentleman after he failed to receive a Golden Globe nomination.
Just hours after the nominees were announced on Monday, the 39-year-old was not only gracious but said it took inspiration from not being in award contention.
Taking it in his stride: Milo Ventimiglia (pictured Sunday) said he was not upset he did not get nominated for a Golden Globe as it made him hungrier
He told Entertainment Tonight: 'I like the idea of not being nominate, it keeps me hungry.'
Fans and critics alike had thought Milo may be nominated for his role in This Is Us but his name was not read out on Monday.
But star said he was no disheartened: 'I feel like sometimes when people aren't getting the nominations there's this weird perception that somehow it diminishes the work that they do. But I don't think it does.
'I see a lot of actors and actresses that aren't getting recognized on a particular awards circuit.
High hopes: Fans and critics alike had thought Milo may be nominated for his role in This Is Us but his name was not read out on Monday
'Their work is beautiful and phenomenal and it takes a lot for an artist to stand up in front of a camera and in front of a crew and open your rib cage and just pour your heart out.'
But someone who did get a nod was his co-star and onscreen wife, Mandy Moore, and Milo could not be happier.
In fact it was Milo who told the actress she was nominated in the early hours of Monday morning.
Support system: But someone who did get a nod was his co-star and onscreen wife, Mandy Moore, and Milo was the first to congratulate her
He was up working in a script when the news came through and sent her a text congratulating her, but it was the first she had heard of it
'It's kinda funny. I feel like it's one of those TV husband and wife [moments]. Like, rolled over in bed, ''You're nominated! I'm so proud of you,'' rolled back to sleep.
'I am fortunate enough to be the very first audience [member] of her performance. I'm deeply proud and honored to share that with her and she is beautiful at what she does.'
Very proud: The actor gushed about Manday saying 'she is beautiful at what she does'
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Adorable baby dressed as Lion comes face to face with real one