X Factor's Emily Middlemas snuggles up to boyfriend Ryan Lawrie as they return to their hometown Glasgow
They each saw their hopes of winning the X Factor dashed as they failed to make the finals.
But Emily Middlemas, 18, and her boyfriend Ryan Lawrie, 20, proved that their relationship was still going from strength to strength as they cuddled up to each other in Glasgow on Tuesday.
Following her valiant stint on the ITV show, which saw her reach the semi-finals, Emily was given a winner's welcome as she returned to her hometown with her beau.
Scroll down for video
Lovebirds: Emily Middlemas, 18, and her boyfriend Ryan Lawrie, 20, proved that their relationship was still going strong as they cuddled up to each other in Glasgow on Tuesday
Looking effortlessly chic, the songstress donned a grey faux fur jacket that she teamed with skinny jeans and grey canvas trainers.
Highlighting her natural beauty, she wore a slick of red lipstick, whilst her chestnut coloured peepers were lined with a thick rim of kohl.
Meanwhile, Ryan opted a cosy black coat that he teamed with grey jogging bottoms.
Cute couple: Following her valiant stint on the ITV show, which saw her reach the semi-finals, Emily was given a winner's welcome as she returned to her hometown with her beau
The duo first caught each other's eye on the Glasgow music scene four years ago, but Emily's nerves stopped them from initially dating.
They were forced to 'fast-forward' their relationship when the final 12 X Factor contestants moved into a shared £3.6 million home in north London - but the couple were not allowed to share a room.
The couple have even spoken about marriage, admitting they are 'super strong'.
Asked of she would tie the knot with Ryan, Emily told The Sun: 'Yeah, we are so strong and we have bonded and just got stronger over the past four years.'
Chic and cheerful: Looking effortlessly chic, the songstress donned a grey faux fur jacket that she teamed with skinny jeans and grey canvas trainers
Welcome home! Emily seemed delighted as she was reunited with her parents Ian and Lisa after her successful stint on the ITV talent show
The pair faced a difficult period of time on the X Factor when Ryan was eliminated in week seven, whilst Emily continued on the competiton.
She eventually made it as far as the semi-finals, where Ryan posted a gushing congratulatory message on Twitter.
He posted after her elimination: 'I am the proudest boyfriend ever. You have achieved so much. You are a beautiful person and have an amazing future ahead. #EmilyWeLoveYou.'
The 13th series of The X Factor concluded on Sunday - when Matt Terry was crowned the winner - narrowly beating Saara Alto.
Loving life: Emily seemed in great spirits as she cuddled up to friends, family and fans
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky