Susanna Reid reveals Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber TURNED HER DOWN and destroyed her dreams of starring in musical theatre
He's the most acclaimed impresario of musical theatre - and Susanna Reid revealed Lord Webber destroyed her musical theatre dreams on Tuesday.
In an interview on Good Morning Britain, the presenter told him that she had auditioned for the part of Maria in the Sound Of Music over a decade ago.
She said: 'Yes, I auditioned for you. But the good Lord (Webber) said there are non-singing parts available.'
Scroll down for video
Awkward: Susanna Reid revealed Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber TURNED HER DOWN and destroyed her dreams of starring in musical theatre during an interview on GMB on Tuesday
She told him: 'Yes, I auditioned for you. But the good Lord (Webber) said there are non-singing parts available'
'Did you really?' enquired Piers Morgan.
Andrew continued to talk about how he might write a melody while he's in the kitchen or while in conversation.
He said: 'Sometimes I'll be doing an interview that's so boring, I'll glaze over and something will come into my head.
Happy days: Susanna continued to talk about her rejection, adding that Andrew gave her some good advice
She said: 'He said to me, "You need at least two years more tuition"'
'I came up with the song No Matter What when I was cooking and I dropped an onion and then I thought of it.'
Susanna continued to talk about her rejection, adding that Andrew gave her some good advice.
She said: 'He said to me, "You need at least two years more tuition".'
With a piano in the studio, Piers challenged Susanna to show off her talents.
'Give us a song now,' he pushed.
'No,' she replied. 'Funnily enough, I didn't pursue my dream.'
She continued: 'Funnily enough, I didn't pursue my dream'
Most watched News videos
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Lads post the rudest mannequin challenge from "Scottish party"
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky