Moment documentary maker 'is punched, kicked and choked by five migrants' after entering 'no-go' zone in Swedish city
- US producer Ami Horowitz was examining the effects of immigration in Sweden
- He said he was immediately set upon after entering the Husby area of Stockholm
- Film-maker says he was beaten and choked after being dragged into a building
This is the moment a documentary maker says he was punched, kicked and choked by five migrants after entering a 'no-go' zone in Stockholm.
US producer Ami Horowitz travelled to the Swedish capital to examine the effects of immigration in the country.
But after entering the Husby area of the city, he claims he was immediately set upon by a gang of men who took objection to him filming.
A sound recording captures the moment he says he was set upon in an 'unprovoked attack' before being dragged off to a nearby building.
US producer Ami Horowitz (pictured) travelled to the Swedish capital to examine the effects of immigration in the country only to be attacked by five men in a city neighbourhood
Horowitz (pictured) said he travelled to Sweden to determine the accuracy of reports that so-called no-go zones had formed in Swedish cities
After entering the Husby area of the city, he claims he was immediately set upon by a gang of men who took objection to him filming. At one point in the audio recording a man says 'let me see' before Horowitz shouts 'help, help'
Horowitz can be heard asking 'How come it's a problem to film here?' before an unidentified man answers: 'I don't want to be filmed.'
When Horowitz asks why, the men start talking in Arabic before the film-maker is apparently grabbed - despite demonstrating he is not filming anything.
A man then says 'let me see' before Horowitz shouts 'help, help.' The audio soon goes silent when his microphone goes out of range.
Mr Horowitz, from Los Angeles, feared he was going to be 'finished off' before someone entered the property, scaring off his attackers.
'Nothing prompted the assault other then our presence,' he said.
'My crew ran off when they approached, but since I was miked we have the first few seconds of the attack.
Ami Horowitz interviewed a number of Swedes about their attitudes towards immigration
Horowitz said he told police about the attack but that he was told that nothing could be done
'They repeatedly punched, kicked and choked me, as a number of bystanders watched. Eventually they dragged me into a building, which at the time I assumed was to finish me off.
'Once inside the apartment building vestibule, they resumed their vicious attack. But seconds later someone opened an apartment door directly above us, and it luckily spooked them enough to run away.'
Horowitz, who also made a documentary called UN Me criticising the United Nations, said he told police about the attack but that he was told that nothing could be done.
Husby, home to large communities of migrants, was the starting point for mass riots that spread across the capital's poorer suburbs in 2013.
The riots started a debate about social inequality, poverty and immigration in Sweden.
Horowitz interview Swedes and migrants as he examined attitudes towards immigration in the country
The film maker said he travelled to Sweden to determine the accuracy of reports that so-called no-go zones had formed in Swedish cities
Horowitz said he travelled to Sweden to determine the accuracy of reports that so-called no-go zones had formed in major cities.
He said Sweden had taken in 'more refugees from Islamic countries over the past several years, per capita, than any other Western country'.
'These actions also happen to be a great source of pride among Swedes for doing something that one could only characterize as a selfless act of humanity.'
He added: 'I am a product of immigration and not only do I not have an issue with immigration I am one of its biggest proponents.
'But the reality of the situation, particularly across Europe, is that wholesale acceptance of migrants from Islamic countries is connected with deepening social issues across the continent.'
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- Valley Stream Best Buy associates gift a teen with a Wii U
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office