What will Mrs West say? Kanye meets with Donald despite the Kardashians endorsing Hillary and Trump body shaming Kim for having a 'fat a**'
- Kanye had a 15-minute sit-down with the president elect at Trump Tower today
- The Donald later described the rapper as a long-time 'friend' and a 'good man'
- Yet Kanye's wife has a less-than-perfect relationship with the real estate mogul
- Trump has previously body shamed Kim for putting on weight while pregnant
- 'She's gotten a little bit large. I would say this, I don't think you should dress like you weigh 120 pounds,' he said while the reality star was expecting baby North
- 'Does she have a good body? No. Does she have a fat a**? Absolutely,' Trump said in another interview in 2013
- Kim and most of the Kardashians threw their weight behind Hillary Clinton during the run up to the election
Kim Kardashian made it pretty clear who she was voting for in the run-up to the election, and that did not include Donald Trump - the man who once body shamed her for having a 'fat a**.'
So she may not be too happy with her husband Kanye West today after he decided to meet with the president elect for a 15 minute sit-down at Trump Tower.
But reports suggests she 'respected' his decision, and was not surprised he made the trip to his Fifth Avenue home.
Kanye and Trump are said to have discussed 'multicultural issues' before Trump descended to the lobby to say goodbye to West, an honor he has extended to just one other visitor, describing the rapper as a 'good man' and a long time 'friend.'
Their chummy new relationship is something of a surprise after the real estate mogul's attitude towards West's wife in the past.
Scroll down for video
Kim Kardashian may not be too happy with her husband Kanye (pictured together in September) after he met for a 15-minute sit-down today with Donald Trump - the man who once shamed her for having a 'fat a**'
During a conversation on Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show in February 2013, the president-elect, 70, had rudely discussed Kim's weight.
'Does she have a good body? No. Does she have a fat a**? Absolutely,' Trump said of the reality star, according to US Weekly. 'And if it weren't Kim, they'd say, 'Wow, I don't want to go out with her."'
But, an inside told the magazine that Kim 'respects her husband', even though she has vocally supported Clinton during the campaign.
'Kim knew Kanye was coming on this trip. She’s not surprised by this,' the source told US Weekly
'Kim knew that Kanye supported Trump before this. Kim and Kanye definitely differ on their opinions — obviously, she voted for Hillary.'
Friends: Donald Trump embraced Kanye West after the meeting at Trump Tower - which the rapper had requested
Embrace: Trump invited West to this Trump Tower office, escorted him to the lobby and embraced him in full view of the world, saying: 'We’re just friends, just friends. He’s a good man. Going well.'
Trump's appearance on Stern's show is not the only time the billionaire has body shamed Kim.
He told HLN's Showbiz Tonight later that same year that the reality star - then pregnant with her first child North - that she had piled on the pounds.
'She's a nice person. I've known her over the years. She's really a nice person,' he said. 'She's gotten a little bit large. I would say this, I don't think you should dress like you weigh 120 pounds.'
Trump has also attacked Kim's nearest and dearest, including her sister Khloe who he allegedly referred to as a 'fat piglet' while she filmed Celebrity Apprentice back in 2009, according to multiple people who worked on the set.
'Why don't we fire Khloe? She is a fat piglet. Why did we get the ugly Kardashian?'' a source told Huffington Post.
He even laid into Kanye himself, calling for a boycott of the rapper in 2009 after the 39-year-old famously stormed the stage and interrupted Taylor Swift at the MTV VMAs.
The Kardashians had publicly announced that they were supporting Hillary Clinton for president in the run up to the election (pictured, Kim, Clinton and Kanye posed for a selfie last year)
The politician and the reality star: Kim Kardashian shared this selfie she took with Hillary Clinton back in August 2015 and added the hashtag: '#LoveHer'
The Kardashians, in turn, publicly announced that they were supporting Hillary Clinton for president in the run up to the election.
'Without a doubt, I stand with Hillary,' Kim said in September. 'I'm with her. I believe Hillary will best represent our country and is the most qualified for the job.
She continued, 'This year, I'm not just voting for myself, but also for my children, and I took that into careful consideration when I made my decision.'
Last year, the couple each donated $2,700 to her campaign, and Kanye has previously given $15,000 to the Democratic National Committee.
Kim has even described Hillary as 'our next president' on social media, and posed for a picture with Clinton when they met at a Los Angeles fundraiser in August 2015.
Despite the past, it appears Kanye is on good terms with the president elect.
Reality TV superstars: Kim got to know the Donald appearing on The Apprentice in 2010 but the pair have had a rocky relationship with Trump body shaming the star while pregnant
The Famous singer recently told a crowd at a concert in San Jose, California that Trump was a 'genius' for winning the election and that he would have voted for the Donald, if he had been planning to vote.
And on Tuesday, Kanye and the 70-year-old president-elect had a sit-down for 15 minutes at Trump Tower.
Kanye, who had requested the meeting took to Twitter to disclose that he had wanted to discuss 'multicultural issues', which he said were 'bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago'.
'I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change,' he said.
Finally he tweeted: '#2024.'
The meeting, however, did not include a request or an offer to perform at the presidential inauguration next month, TMZ reported.
Instead, Trump said, they talked about 'life' - and he happily posed, giving his signature thumbs-up, with Kanye and his daughter Ivanka in his personal office.
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office