'She tells me not to look myself up online': Noah Cyrus reveals the advice sister Miley tells her as she launches music career
She's the youngest of the Cyrus clan to launch her music career.
The 16-year-old star's R&B hit Make Me (Cry) was released last month and she just debuted an acoustic version of the track with collaborator Labrinth.
'It's so exciting because I feel like I can finally talk about it now,' the teen told Rolling Stone this week.
Scroll down for video
Rising star: As Noah Cyrus launches her music career the 16-year-old has opened up about how sister Miley has been a mentor to her
Noah revealed her older sister Miley, 24, has been giving her advice on having a 'thick skin' while in the public eye.
'Miley always says, "Don't ever look yourself up or read your comments, 'cause you're gonna see stuff that you don't want to see,"
'That's the best advice ever. If it's making me happy, then it's working.' she added.
Noah talked about the moment she knew she was ready to begin her career in music after spending some time focusing on her love of horse riding.
'Then in 2014 is when the I Forget When We Were album came out by Ben Howard, and that was really inspiring to me,' she explained.
'Don't ever look yourself up or read your comments': Noah told Rolling Stone that Miley, 24, has taught her to have a thick skin when it comes to being in the public eye
Talented family: The duo are pictured on the red carpet back in 2011
'I just started getting this drive to want to write and sing and start my own album.'
Noah explained how it came about that British producer Labrinth's vocals appear on her debut track.
'Originally it was just me on the song, and then just by mistake his vocal came in and I was like, "Oh, my God, you have to stay on it,"
'I think that was a really special moment for us because we were so excited, jumping around the studio like, "Oh, my gosh, this song is so sick!"'
Supportive siblings: Noah is pictured with her other sister Brandi, 29, at a Lakers game on December 11
Just like Miley Noah began her showbiz career on TV shows like father Billy Ray's series Doc and Miley's hit Hannah Montana.
In September TMZ reported the teenager had landed a recording contract worth $350,000; $100,000 for writing her album and a further $250,000 for recording it.
It was added that 'if the first album's a hit she can get up to a $1.5 million advance for the second'; and if the first single is anything to go by it could be money well spent.
Close knit: Just like Miley, Noah had her showbiz start on shows like her father Billy Ray's series Doc and her sister Miley's hit Hannah Montana. The girls are pictured with Billy in August 2013
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office