'They're really not so bothered about it': Coldplay frontman Chris Martin reveals kids Apple, 12, and Moses, 10, don't care that he's a celebrity
He’s the international superstar who usually remains tight-lipped about his home life.
But in a rare moment on Wednesday, Chris Martin opened up about his family telling the Today show that despite being a world-famous musician, he is just an ordinary guy to his two young children.
'They're really not so bothered about [celebrity status],' he said referring to the children he shares with ex-wife Gywneth Paltrow - a daughter Apple, 12, and son Moses, 10.
Scroll down for video
Opening up: Chris Martin opened up about his family life telling the Today show on Wednesday that despite being a world-famous musician, he is just an ordinary guy to his two young children
'My son says ‘Where are you’ and I’ll say ‘I’m in a stadium getting ready’, and he's like ‘Great dad, yeah' ... It's so normal for them.'
The 39-year-old British rocker is currently on the Australian leg of Coldplay's world tour and the band has broken up tour dates to spend quality time with their families between shows.
'My kids are wonderful ... We’ve staggered this tour a bit so we’re not away for six months at a time. And I think that's why we’re all really loving it, because we get to miss it as well.'
Rock star dad: Chris is pictured bonding with his 10-year-old son Moses earlier this year
Chris recently spent Thanksgiving with actress Gwyneth, 44, and their children.
Last month, the Oscar award-winning star posted an Instagram snap that showed Chris in a tender embrace with his son, highlighting the father-son bond the pair share.
Chris and Gwyneth were married in 2003, and made headlines where they announced they were 'consciously uncoupling' in March 2014.
Close: Chris' ex-wife Gwyneth Paltrow posted this sweet snap of the Coldplay frontman embracing Moses on Thanksgiving
Family first: Chris is still close to Gwyneth, pictured with the couple's two children
Their divorce was finalised earlier this year.
Coldplay performed in Sydney on Tuesday to rave reviews and they will again take the stage on Wednesday before making their way to the UAE.
On tour: Coldplay performed in Sydney on Tuesday to rave reviews and they will again take the stage on Wednesday before making their way to the UAE
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office