Donald Trump called for a boycott of 'disgusting' Kanye West in 2009 when he interrupted Taylor Swift - but now says they have been friends 'for a long time' after VIP meeting at Trump Tower
- Donald Trump once called for a boycott on all things Kanye West back in 2009
- It came after Kanye infamously interrupted Taylor Swift on stage at MTV VMAs
- Trump also once said in 2013 that Kanye's wife Kim Kardashian had a 'fat a**'
- President-elect embraced Kanye at Trump Tower in New York on Tuesday
- Pair met for 15-minutes and Trump said they had been friends for a long time
Donald Trump embraced Kanye West at Trump Tower in New York on Tuesday and said the pair had been friends for a long time.
But seven years ago it was a different story.
Trump once called for a boycott of 'disgusting' West back in 2009.
His comments came a day after West infamously stormed the stage and interrupted Taylor Swift at the MTV VMAs seven years ago.
Scroll down for video
Donald Trump embraced Kanye West following a 15-minute meeting at Trump Tower in New York on Tuesday and said the pair had been friends for a long time
But their meeting on Tuesday came after Trump once called for a boycott of 'disgusting' West back in 2009 when he interrupted Taylor Swift on stage at the MTV VMAs
Trump told TMZ at the time that the rapper's antics were 'disgusting' and called for people to reject all things Kanye 'so this kind of thing doesn't happen again.'
He also claimed at the time that Kanye did not actually care about Beyonce when he stormed the stage to say she should have won.
'He couldn't care less about Beyonce. It was grandstanding to get attention,' Trump said at the time.
Trump also once fat-shamed Kanye's wife Kim Kardashian saying she had a 'fat a**'.
'Does she have a good body? No. Does she have a fat a**? Absolutely,' Trump said of the reality star during a conversation on Howard Stern's SiriusXM radio show in February 2013.
Kardashian threw her support behind Hillary Clinton in the recent presidential election.
It comes after the 'Famous' rapper dramatically met with the President-elect for a 15-minute meeting at Trump Tower in New York on Tuesday.
Trump said at the time that the rapper's antics were 'disgusting' and called for people to reject all things Kanye 'so this kind of thing doesn't happen again'
Trump invited West to this Trump Tower office, escorted him to the lobby and embraced him in full view of the world, saying: 'We’re just friends, just friends. He’s a good man. Going well.'
During the presidential campaign Kanye was seen smiling for a selfie with Hillary Clinton. Months later during a concert he revealed that he would have voted for Trump
Trump said the pair talked about 'life' - and he happily posed, giving his signature thumbs-up, with Kanye and his daughter Ivanka in his personal office.
Then Trump descended to the lobby of Trump Tower to say goodbye to West, an honor he has extended to just one other visitor, and to none of the people he interviewed about top-level posts in his administration.
'We're just friends, just friends. He's a good man. Going well. Long time – We've been friends for a long time,' Trump said. 'Life, we discussed life.'
Kanye - who until last week was in hospital in Los Angeles recovering from a reported nervous breakdown - simply told photographers: 'I just want you to take my picture right now.'
Donald Trump embraced Kanye West after a 15-minute meeting at Trump Tower which the rapper had requested
Donald Trump came to the lobby of Trump Tower with his guest Kanye West - only the second time he had descended to say farewell
Trump said he and Kanye had been long-term friends and were talking about 'life'
West was cleared by the Secret Service to meet Trump.
After the meeting West used Twitter to disclose that he had wanted to discuss 'multicultural issues', which he said were 'bullying, supporting teachers, modernizing curriculums, and violence in Chicago'.
'I feel it is important to have a direct line of communication with our future President if we truly want change,' he said.
Finally he tweeted: '#2024.'
The rapper had swept into Trump Tower with an entourage which included his mother-in-law's 35-year-old boyfriend shortly after 9am for the meeting with the man he recently called a 'genius'.
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office