Bad blood! Kathy Griffin says Ellen DeGeneres is 'furious' with her over 'mean streak' comment in new tell-all book
The two comediennes famously don't get along.
But Kathy Griffin says Ellen DeGeneres is now furious with the accusations she made in her new book, Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run-Ins: My A-Z Index.
In an interview with Access Hollywood, the 56-year-old claims the daytime talk show is 'livid' she was called out for having 'a mean streak that all of Hollywood knows about.'
Blood boiling: Kathy Griffin told Access Hollywood that Ellen is 'livid' she called her out for having a 'mean streak' in her new book; here she is seen in early December
Blood boiling: The redhead said Ellen is 'livid' that she called her out for having a 'mean streak' in her new book. Here DeGeneres (right) is seen with Portia de Rossi in June
In Celebrity Run-Ins, Griffin does not identify DeGeneres by name, but describes a 'beloved daytime talk show host' with 'short blonde hair'
The funny girl went on to say that during a phone call when the two stars were discussing it, DeGeneres 'just really was on a rant.'
According to Kathy, DeGeneres repeated, 'I don't hate you.'
Griffin said she responded: 'I don't think you hate me.'
Talk: The funny girl went on to say that during a phone call when the two stars were discussing it, DeGeneres 'just really was on a rant'
But after hanging up, Griffin said she 'started sobbing.'
Tell-all: Kathy doesn't hold back in her memoir, Celebrity Run-Ins
She continued: 'I had mentioned on your show that I wish that women would support each other more, in particular super super influential women.
'I expressed that to her and she was like, "I don't have to have anybody on my show I don't like."'
In Celebrity Run-Ins, Griffin doesn't identify DeGeneres by name.
But she describes a 'beloved daytime talk show host' with 'short blonde hair.'
But during an appearance on Access Hollywood in November when she was promoting her new book, Griffin confirmed the blind item was indeed referring to DeGeneres.
She says her beef has always been with DeGeneres' lack of support for other female comics in the business.
The redhead doesn't like that Ellen labeled her a 'mean' comic and has taken issue with the characterization in the past.
The apparent feud began in 2007 when, according to Kathy, Ellen did a 'monologue about how mean I am.'
Later that year, Ellen made a comment in an interview for W magazine, again calling her 'very mean.'
Her memoir was released November 22.
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office