Royally nice to meet you! Prince Charles is greeted by angelic choirgirls as he attends a concert and prayer service at a Russian Orthodox Cathedral in London
- The Prince of Wales paid a visit to Dormition Cathedral in Knightsbridge today
- He attended a prayer service and concert at the Russian Orthodox Cathedral
- Prince met church leaders and parishioners and viewed restoration works
A trio of angelic choirgirls were among parishioners who met the Prince of Wales today at a Russian Orthodox cathedral in London.
Prince Charles attended a prayer service and a concert at Dormition Cathedral in Knightsbridge.
The 68-year-old royal met church leaders and members of the congregation, and was shown the results of recent restoration work at the Grade II listed building.
Members of the children's choice curtsy in front of the Prince of Wales during his visit to the Russian Orthodox Church's Dormition Cathedral in Knightsbridge today
Archbishop Elisey walks with Prince Charles outside Dormition Cathedral after the service
The Prince, who was dapper in a dark blue suit with a pale blue shirt and tie, was photographed chatting to parishioners and church leaders upon arrival at the 19th Century building in London.
During the prayer service, the Archbishop Elisey was seen presenting a cross to Prince Charles during a moleben service - a service of supplication.
Later, he looked at religious iconography inside the cathedral during a tour of recent restoration works at the building.
Young members of the choir were seen lining the walkway outside the building as the Archbishop Elisey escorted Prince Charles from today's service.
Prince Charles attended a prayer service and a concert, and viewed recent restorations
The royal, 68, was seen chatting with parishioners and church leaders today at the cathedral
The Archbishop is seen giving a Moleben during Prince Charles' visit in Knightsbridge
Archbishop Elisey presents the cross to the Prince at the end of Moleben, a supplication prayer service, during today's visit
The Dormition Cathedral is the cathedral of the Russian Orthodox Diocese of Sourozh, which is the Moscow Patriarchate's Diocese for the UK and Ireland.
It's presided over by Archbishop Elisey.
The Prince of Wales attended a prayer service at the cathedral in Knightsbridge, London
The royal met with church leaders, who showed him the results of recent restoration work
The Prince of Wales gazed at religious icons on display at Dormition Cathedral during his tour
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office