'Cheryl is naturally good with kids': Kimberly Walsh says her pregnant best friend will be a 'brilliant mum'
She's been friends with Cheryl for more than 14 years after the two of them made it through Popstars: The Rivals auditions to form Girls Aloud back in 2002.
So Kimberly Walsh is better placed than most to discuss her pregnant best friend's journey into motherhood.
'She'll be a brilliant mum,' Kimberly, who is also pregnant, told Closer magazine. 'She has loads of nieces and nephews so she's used to the madness of children.'
Scroll down for video
Speaking out: Pregnant Kimberly Walsh, pictured at the end of October, says she thinks Cheryl is 'naturally good' with kids
She added: 'Both she and Nicole (Roberts) are naturally good with kids. I think they've both always planned to settle down and have a family. '
Although Cheryl has yet to confirm her pregnancy, she was spotted with boyfriend Liam Payne at a charity bash just two weeks ago, sporting what appeared to be a visible baby bump.
And Kimberly, 34, can also pass on her own advice when it comes to motherhood.
Expectant: Liam Payne and Cheryl appeared to be showing off a visible baby bump, as they appeared in London late last month
Pregnancy number two: Kimberly posted a snapshot on her Instagram three days ago with the caption: 'Getting excited to meet this little one!'
She is mum to a two-year-old son Bobby by husband Justin Scott and the couple are soon expecting their second baby.,
Kimberly recently posted an Instagram snapshot of herself wearing a Santa hat with a swelling tummy.
'Getting excited to meet this little one!' she wrote.
Best of friends: Along with Nicole Roberts, Kimberly and Cheryl have remained close after Girls Aloud split
Earlier this year Kimberly revealed Cheryl's reaction to her baby news.
'Cheryl knew I wanted to have my children close together so she’s happy that I’ve got another on the way,' she told OK Magazine. 'I’m sure she expected it in a way but she’s still over the moon for me.'
Cheryl joined Nicola as a bridesmaid for Kimberly at her Barbados wedding to Justin back in January.
The trio have more of a distant relationship with the remaining ex-Girls Aloud members Sarah Harding and Nadine Coyle.
In fact, as reported by The Mirror, Cheryl's speech to her friend at the rehearsal ceremony included the words: 'I wish you both eternal happiness, filled with love, laughter and a beautiful life with your husband to be and your gorgeous – hopefully growing soon – family.'
As they were: Kimberly Walsh, Cheryl Tweedy, Sarah Harding, Nicole Roberts and Nadine Coyle during their Girls Aloud heyday back in 2004
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office