It's Yeezus Christ! Photographer reimagines the nativity with this year's most talked-about celebrities recreating the religious tableau (but all is not as it seems)
- Fashion retailer Lyst has recreated the iconic tableau using celebrity lookalikes from Alison Jackson
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take on the roles of Mary and Joseph while Saint West plays Jesus
- The three wise men are transformed into a trio of Prince Harry, Donald Trump and Simon Cowell
It's one of the most famous religious stories in human history and now the nativity has been given a 21st century twist as some of planet's most worshiped celebrities taking on the roles of the Christian icons.
Photographer Alison Jackson has worked with fashion retailer Lyst, to recreate the birth of Jesus Christ swapping the expected protagonists with the most talked about (and Instagrammed) celebrities of 2016.
However, despite the convincing scene all is not as it seems with all the 'stars' sourced from the world-renowned lookalike production team at Alison Jackson.
Lookalikes of this year's most talked about celebrities have helped to give the nativity scene a 21st century twist
Unsurprisingly, the undisputed king and queen of celeb-land Kanye West and Kim Kardashian take the leading role as Mary and Joseph.
The company likened the Kim and Kanye to the historic couple as saying: 'Like their historical predecessors, the pair have faced a year of challenges.'
Their son Saint West transforms from saintly to Godly, taking centre stage as the scene's baby Jesus.
The three wise men are replaced by an instantly recognasible trio. Cue President Elect Donald Trump, a loved-up Prince Harry and Simon Cowell - three figures who have left an indelible impact on 2016.
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take on the role of Mary and Joseph with their son Saint West acting as Jesus
The Archangel Gabriel has been given a glittering makeover and re-imagined as a Victoria Secrets angel - complete with wings and Fantasy Bra
The three wise men are replaced by an instantly recognasible trio. Cue President Elect Donald Trump, a loved-up Prince Harry and Simon Cowell
Meanwhile, a rather disinterested Archangel Gabriel has been given a glittering makeover and re-imagined as a Victoria Secrets angel - complete with wings and Fantasy Bra.
No nativity scene would be complete without gifts. Characteristically, Trump comes bearing a briefcase full of dollar bills and a splash of his golden spray tan.
Cowell bestows the gift of his own (X-Factor born) prodigal son Olly Murs.
Simon Cowell delivers the gift of former X Factor contestant Olly Murs while Donald Trump comes armed with a briefcase full of money and a can of fake tan
Prince Harry hands over a Suits DVD boxset harping back to his relationship with Meghan Markle who stars in the US TV show
Prince Harry hands over a Suits DVD boxset harping back to his relationship with Meghan Markle who stars in the US TV show.
Rory Scott from Lyst said: 'Adam and Eve aside, Mary and Joseph are the original celebrity power couple.
'Two thousand and sixteen later, what better way to remember them this Christmas than a celebrity-busting homage in their honour.
'While the requirements for global fame might have changed somewhat since the Old Testament days, we wanted to re-imagine the scene in today's world and redefine how stars are born.'
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office