'This is a game changer': Twitter users praise woman's 'genius' fridge hack for keeping wine cool (but not everyone is convinced)
- Clare Potts, 28, decided to pour wine into her fridge cooling system
- The blogger, from Manchester, then posted images to Twitter
- Her hack went viral with people praising her inventive trick
- However, some have suggested the hack would ruin the taste of the wine
There's nothing more frustrating than getting home from a hard day in the office and having no space in the fridge to chill the bottle of wine you picked up on the way home.
But one woman believe she's come up with a genius hack for cooling wine down quickly - and her trick is sweeping the internet.
Clare Potts, 28, a blogger from Manchester, shared pictures of her inventive hack - which involves pouring the wine into the water cooling section of her fridge - and Twitter users praised her.
Twitter users have fallen in love with a woman's 'genius' fridge hack that lets you have chilled wine instantly
Claire, who recently bought a house with her boyfriend and ordered a new fridge complete with a water cooling section, uploaded images of her fridge hack to Twitter with the caption: 'My adult life just peaked.'
Twitter users immediately praised the inventive hack and her social media post has now been shared and liked hundreds of thousands of times.
Twitter user Andrew Yee said: 'You should have got Time Person of the Year with this idea.'
A user named Sophie added: 'Omg. Genius!', whilst Sarah added: 'You are a goddamn genius!', and another hailed it a 'game changer'.
Clare Potts, 28, (pictured) recently bought a house with her boyfriend and ordered a new fridge complete with a water cooling section
However, not everyone was convinced by the idea and some suggested it would ruin the taste of the wine.
Maneki Neko said: 'I'm horrified. An open wine in the fridge is quickly altered by the other food stored.'
ForMiles agreed, adding: 'People are saying genius? It's mildly amusing. The fact that the wine will absorb other odours from the fridge is pretty gross.'
Speaking to MailOnline about the popular post, Claire said: 'I honestly can't believe how many shares it's had, it's crazy!'
The fashion and lifestyle blogger, from Manchester, then uploaded images of her fridge hack to Twitter
Earlier this year wine expert Jancis Robinson warned drinkers against chilling their white wine for too long, saying that certain wines don't respond well to being kept in very cold conditions.
She explianed: 'It is nice to have champagne very cold, or a light-bodied Riesling.
'But once you get a full-bodied, oaked white, like a mature white burgundy, you really want it at the same temperature as a light-bodied red.'
Maneki Neko said: 'I'm horrified. An open wine in the fridge is quickly altered by the other food stored'
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office