'Golden Globes can suck a d**k': 50 Cent reacts to HFPA's Power snub... and threatens to kill off his character
Not everybody was happy with the Golden Globes nominations on Monday.
50 Cent posted a colourful reaction on Instagram after his show Power was snubbed.
'I'm on the move again, Golden globe's can suck a d**k,' he declared.
Tell us how you really feel: 50 Cent posted a colourful reaction on Instagram after his show Power was snubbed on Monday
In the photo, the 41-year-old appears to be aboard a private jet, scrolling through his phone wearing a puzzled expression, presumably after searching for the Starz drama amongst the list of nominees.
'I accept my series POWER was not intended to be a signature show for the network but it is the highest rated show,' he continued. 'I know my audience very well, I'm done promoting this out side of contractual obligations.'
The rapper is an executive producer on the show, and also plays the character Kanan... but maybe not for much longer.
He concluded: 'SEASON 4 KANAN MUST DIE, I got other sh*t to do,' before tagging the name of his #EFFENVODKA brand.
The show tells the story of James St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick) AKA Ghost, a club owner who is trying to balance his double life of being a drug dealer.
Money and Power: A couple of hours later he followed up with a second post, which seemed to suggest Floyd Mayweather was taking his role
While it was renewed for a fourth season by the network in July, the series has never been in the running for any major awards — so why the snub came as a surprise to Fiddy this year in particular is a mystery.
A couple of hours later Fifty followed up with a second post, which seemed to suggest Floyd Mayweather was taking his role.
'I'm off the POWER train, champ is gonna do the show,' he wrote in what appeared to be fake promo pic for season four featuring the recently retired boxer. 'Go to him for more info, I gotta do something different.'
A starz spokesperson told Deadline: 'We are grateful for the excellent work being done on Power by the producers, cast and crew.
'We certainly think this exceptional show has been overlooked by various awards committees, but the fans have made it the second most watched show on premium cable in 2016… and those are accolades that mean just as much if not more.'
Moving on: The show tells the story of James St. Patrick (Omari Hardwick, pictured) AKA Ghost, a club owner who is trying to balance his double life of being a drug dealer. Fiddy is an executive producer on the show, and also plays the character Kanan... but maybe not for much longer
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office