Matching with Mum and Dad! Spanish princesses Leonor and Sofía colour-coordinate with their parents for the royals' annual Christmas card
- Princess Leonor, 11 and Princess Sofía, nine, join Queen Letizia and King Felipe VI of Spain for the newly-released Christmas card photograph
- Young princesses opt for festive knits while their parents wear grey and maroon
- Note inside wishes friends a 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year'
The Spanish royal family have released their annual Christmas card, featuring a beaming King Felipe VI with his wife Letizia and their adorable daughters.
Princess Leonor, 11 and Princess Sofía, nine, are pictured wearing cosy festive knits in the seasonal snap, and the young royals have even added their signatures to the inside of the card.
The family's outfits are perfectly colour-coordinated, with notes of grey and maroon, in the image released on Monday.
Scroll down for video
Colour-coordination: The royals clearly planned ahead wearing shades of grey and maroon, with the two young princesses both keeping warm in festive knits
Fair-haired Leonor, who is first-in-line to the throne, is seen in a grey jumper adorned with reindeer and snowflakes, as she clutches her father's hand, while her younger sister wears a cable-knit cardigan.
Queen Letizia, 44, looks as chic as ever in a wine-coloured blazer over a polo neck shirt and grey trousers.
The Queen, who today debuted a new hairstyle in the form of a plaited up-do for a media event in Madrid, chose a chic side parting for the family photo.
The note inside the card, written in Spanish, reads 'Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2017,' with each of the royals adding their signatures.
This year's offering marks a departure from last Christmas when the royal couple did not appear on the card at all, instead letting their smiling daughters take the limelight.
The note inside the card, written in Spanish, reads ''Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2017,' with each of the royals adding their signatures
The previous year, the card featured two photographs captured in June 2014, shortly after Felipe took the throne from his father Juan Carlos. The images showed both the new King and Queen alone, with their daughters in the second shot.
Letizia married into the Spanish monarchy in 2004, following a successful career as a journalist and newsreader.
She was previously married to Alonso Guerrero Pérez, a writer, but the pair divorced after just a year and by 2003 Letizia had announced her engagement to Felipe, then the Prince of Asturias.
King Juan Carlos abdicated in 2014 in favour of his 48-year-old son, now King Felipe VI.
Most watched News videos
- Watch woman get dragged off jet by police in Detroit
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- 'We talked about life': Trump and Kanye discuss surprise meet
- Trash is dumped on woman's door step after she fails to pay
- Impressive fireball lights up Spain's Costa del Sol night sky
- Horrifying moment woman is kicked down the stairs by stranger
- Syria: Footage emerges of Russian special forces 'fighting ISIS'
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
- Hunters forced to shoot a wild bear dead as it charges towards them
- Documentary director attacked by gang of immigrants in Stockholm
- Bill Murray and President Obama play golf in the Oval Office
- 'I'm going to wing walk!' Schofield talks to Duke about wing walk