'She's wonderful': Olivia Newton-John thinks Delta Goodrem is 'a great choice' for tribute biopic as she dismisses claims she was 'raging' over her casting
A report published in Woman's Day on Monday claimed that Olivia Newton-John was 'raging' over the casting of Delta Goodrem to play her in a tribute biopic.
But in an interview with the Daily Telegraph, the 68-year-old has since dismissed the reports.
'She's wonderful,' Olivia told the publication, adding that the 32-year-old is 'a great choice.'
Scroll down for video
'She's wonderful': Olivia Newton-John, 68, told the Daily Telegraph Delta Goodrem, 32, is 'a great choice' to play her in Channel Seven's tribute biopic as she dismisses claims published in Woman's Day magazine, that she was 'raging' over her casting
'It is a very strange thing for them [Channel Seven] to be making a movie about me,' Olivia said.
'But I think Delta is a great choice, she is wonderful.
The star, who rose to fame after playing Sandy Dumbrowski in film Grease, added that the concept of a tribute biopic is 'surreal.'
Underway: Filming for the production began in Melbourne this week, with Delta at the helm
In a statement released earlier this year, FilmVic said the production would retell the story of the singer's success in Hollywood.
'The story of Olivia Newton-John will chart her remarkable path through one of the world’s toughest industries, and provide a glimpse into the extraordinary achievements of one of Australia’s most loved icons,' the statement read.
Filming for the Channel Seven miniseries began in Melbourne this week.
'Can't believe they've chosen Delta': Woman's Day magazine reported on Monday that Olivia was left 'raging' over Delta's casting in her tribute biopic
While Delta and Olivia have performed duets together in the past, Woman's Day reported that the celebrities have feuded for years.
An unknown source told the publication: 'She can't believe they've chosen Delta, someone she believes cannot act. She's furious her legacy is being tampered with.'
Olivia is also said to be worried The Voice judge will use the biopic as a platform to release an album full of cover songs.
'She's furious her legacy is being tampered with': Industry insiders told Woman's Day magazine that Olivia was angered to discover Delta would be playing her
Greatest hits: The Grease star is also believed to be worried The Voice judge will use the biopic as a platform to release an album full of cover songs
Previous reports of a feud were published in Woman's Day magazine, on sale now
Most watched News videos
- Caught on camera: Checkout line fight erupts over couponing
- Drag race ends in Lamborghini crashing into other cars
- Angry motorist challenges traffic warden over 'illegal parking'
- Couponing mom attacked inside store for holding up the line
- Amir Khan's wife Faryal Makhdoom snapchats an 'apology'
- Real-life Amazon Drone delivery begin trials with no human pilot
- Faryal Makhdoom shares glam videos on Instagram
- Huge 7 stone dog has adorable bark that sounds like hiccup
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Poor cat has it's head pushed into the snow by cheeky dog!
- 'Growing Pains' actor Alan Thicke dead at age 69
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.