'I realised Luke is the love of my life': Matt Goss reveals he knew his twin brother was his soulmate after make up call following their mum's death
- The pair announced they were reforming Bros back in October
- Tickets for their first London 02 show sold out in seven seconds
- Matt revealed the death of mum Carol in 2014 left him and Luke 'broken'
He buried the hatchet with his twin brother this year after a decade of minimal contact.
And Matt Goss, 48, has revealed it was the death of his beloved mum Carol in 2014 which led to him and Luke eventually healing old wounds.
The singer told the Daily Mirror: 'It’s fair to say we didn’t get along and didn’t speak for a long while.
Scroll down for video
Back together: Matt Goss, 48, has revealed it was the death of his beloved mum Carol in 2014 which led to him and Luke eventually healing old wounds this year
'I have to admit it was all very hard and very personal. The handshake changed everything. Now Luke is my best friend – again.'
Matt confessed that he and his brother were 'a little bit broken' after Carol lost her 12-month battle with breast cancer.
Luke's wife Shirley proved to be the intermediary in their reconnection after placing a call to Matt.
Devastated: Matt confessed that he and his brother were 'a little bit broken' after Carol (pictured with Matt in 2013) lost her 12-month battle with breast cancer
The Bros frontman explained: 'Me and Luke just jumped on the phone and started talking. It was a couple of years after Mum passed. I realised, there and then, that Luke is the love of my life.'
The band, which inspired teenagers to wear bottle caps on their shoes, split up in 1992.
The twins have not played together since 77,000 packed into Wembley Stadium on August 19, 1989.
Much anticipated: The twins have not played together since 77,000 packed into Wembley Stadium on August 19, 1989
BROS was the youngest band to ever headline Wembley Stadium and the twins' debut album Push was 7x Platinum and number one in 20 countries.
After they split up, Matt began his solo career in 1995 and since then has sold over 5 million albums, played a Las Vegas residency at Caesar's Palace and recently headlined Wembley Arena.
Meanwhile, Luke is enjoying an acting career in both film (Hellboy 2, Blade 2, The Man, Deathrace 2&3) and TV (Red Widow and Emmy award winning mini-series Frankenstein).
Looking for love: Matt has been linked with singer Rebecca Ferguson in recent months, but he told MailOnline at the BBC Music Awards on Monday night that he was still single
Matt has made no secret of his desire to find love. He has been linked with singer Rebecca Ferguson in recent months, but he told MailOnline at the BBC Music Awards on Monday night that he was still single.
'That just took on a life of its own,' he said of the rumours. 'I know Rebecca, we spoke today and she's lovely.
'But I'm single and the good thing is it's a nice feeling when you meet someone, especially as lovely as Rebecca, and you talk, but that happens at our pace and not anyone else's.'
Success story: BROS was the youngest band to ever headline Wembley Stadium and the twins' debut album Push was 7x Platinum and number one in 20 countries
Most watched News videos
- Caught on camera: Checkout line fight erupts over couponing
- Drag race ends in Lamborghini crashing into other cars
- Angry motorist challenges traffic warden over 'illegal parking'
- Couponing mom attacked inside store for holding up the line
- Amir Khan's wife Faryal Makhdoom snapchats an 'apology'
- Real-life Amazon Drone delivery begin trials with no human pilot
- Faryal Makhdoom shares glam videos on Instagram
- Huge 7 stone dog has adorable bark that sounds like hiccup
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Poor cat has it's head pushed into the snow by cheeky dog!
- 'Growing Pains' actor Alan Thicke dead at age 69
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record