'She's the greatest mum in the world' Ben Affleck gushes about ex Jennifer Garner in new interview... 18 months after their split
They announced their plans to divorce back in 2015 after ten years of marriage which produced three children.
But Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's split is far from acrimonious, with the Oscar-winning star paying tribute to her mothering abilities in a new interview.
'She's the greatest mum in the world,' he told New York Times journalist Chip McGrath in an edition of TimesTalks.
Scroll down for videos
Going solo: Ben Affleck, at the London premiere of The Accountant in London back in October has paid tribute to Jennifer Garner
He also added that his children - Samuel, four, daughter Violet, 11, and Seraphina, seven were his biggest accomplishment.
'In my career or otherwise, it is the birth of my children,' he said. 'The entrance of my children into the world.
'It's a joy to hang out with them, I think the meaning of life is to make good people.'
The Argo director and Jennifer, who made her name on TV series Alias, have been spotted sharing intimate dinners together with Ben still reportedly living in the family home as the couple co-parent.
Co-parenting: The couple, pictured out together last week, remain great friends for the sake of their three children
Despite the couple's separation, Ben has used his media interviews since the split to pay tribute to his former's partner's abilities as a mother.
'She's a superhero mom. She is an amazing mother and I'm really lucky to have her as a partner to co-parent these kids with,' he told E! Online back in March. 'We try our best, we put them first and that's what we do.'
In turn, Jennifer has described the couple as 'great friends' and said they are 'doing really well' post breakup in efforts to co-parent their children.
As they were: The couple, pictured in 2014 at the Vanity Fair Party in Los Angeles, were married for ten years before the divorce announcement
She spoke more candidly back in march about the split, telling Vanity Fair: 'It was a real marriage. It wasn't for the cameras.
'And it was a huge priority for me to stay in it. And that did not work.'
The 13 going on 30 star added that following the divorce, she chose to stay out of the public eye due to the hurtful comments.
'Ben says, "Oh, you just don't care," and I say, "No, it's the opposite." It hurts me so much, and I care so much.'
Meanwhile, Ben has been busy promoting his latest movie Live By Night, in which he stars and directs.
New project: Ben and co-star Elle Fanning in his new film Live By Night
Most watched News videos
- Caught on camera: Checkout line fight erupts over couponing
- Drag race ends in Lamborghini crashing into other cars
- Angry motorist challenges traffic warden over 'illegal parking'
- Couponing mom attacked inside store for holding up the line
- Amir Khan's wife Faryal Makhdoom snapchats an 'apology'
- Real-life Amazon Drone delivery begin trials with no human pilot
- Faryal Makhdoom shares glam videos on Instagram
- Huge 7 stone dog has adorable bark that sounds like hiccup
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Poor cat has it's head pushed into the snow by cheeky dog!
- 'Growing Pains' actor Alan Thicke dead at age 69
- Feliks Zemdegs breaks Rubik's cube speed-solving world record