'My scars are like a road map': Anastacia reveals why she stripped naked following mastectomy as she talks about getting to know and love her new body
She's been incredibly open about having a mastectomy following her breast cancer battle.
And singer and Strictly star Anastacia, 48, talked to Lorraine on Wednesday about why she decided to strip naked and bravely bare her scars for a magazine shoot.
As Lorraine called her a warrior, she said: 'It was the last hurdle of the mastectomy process.
Scroll down for video
'My scars are like a road map': Anastacia revealed why she stripped naked following mastectomy on Lorraine on Wednesday as she talked about getting to love her new body
Looking incredible: Anastacia posed for FAULT magazine last month in which she showed off her scars
'The scars came right down here (pointing to her back) as they had to do a skin graft to make a nipple. I needed to come clean and show people and do it my way.'
Talking about getting to know and love her body again, she said: 'My scars are like a road map but I wanted to show other women that that's OK.'
Lorraine asked her how to found the strength to battle the disease.
Taking bold steps: As Lorraine called her a 'warrior', she said of the shoot: 'It was the last hurdle of the mastectomy process'
Talking about the snaps, she said: 'The scars came right down here (pointing to her back) as they had to do a skin graft to make a nipple'
She continued: ' I needed to come clean and show people and do it my way'
Anastacia said: 'You've got to have a good sense of humour and try to turn the negatives into positives'
She said: 'You've got to have a good sense of humour and try to turn the negatives into positives.
'I always say there are only three important letters in 'cancer.' C-A-N. Because I can.'
Anastacia is using her Strictly popularity to release her first live album, with the fans voting for the song choices.
Trooper: Anastacia has scars running down her back but they show the brave journey she has been on
Talking about being on the dance show, Anastacia said: 'It is such a great show and it was great to raise awareness for breast cancer/
'I found my inner female and it was such an honour. I got to be girly and play dress up.'
While she plans to go back to the show for the final at the weekend, Anastacia said:
'All the rejects and losers get to go back. It makes me feel so much better about being ousted.'
Wow thing: Anastacia looked super fierce in a semi-sheer lingerie bodice
Mwah! Posing outside of the studios, Anastacia blew a kiss to waiting photographers
Most watched News videos
- Caught on camera: Checkout line fight erupts over couponing
- Drag race ends in Lamborghini crashing into other cars
- Angry motorist challenges traffic warden over 'illegal parking'
- Couponing mom attacked inside store for holding up the line
- Amir Khan's wife Faryal Makhdoom snapchats an 'apology'
- Real-life Amazon Drone delivery begin trials with no human pilot
- Faryal Makhdoom shares glam videos on Instagram
- Huge 7 stone dog has adorable bark that sounds like hiccup
- Poor cat has it's head pushed into the snow by cheeky dog!
- 'Scumbag unions': Chants outside Brighton rail station
- Trump meets with tech giants: 'I'm here to help you folks do well'
- Cute Christmas kitty is very protective of his festive gifts