Wrestling superstar is a big fan of Spurs
Last updated at 10:36 23 January 2008
The former WWE champion visited White Hart Lane to offer the team a boost before their Carling Cup semi-final clash against Arsenal.
And Cena could be a lucky mascot as Spurs recorded their first win over their north London rivals in 22 matches, a stunning 5-1 victory to book a place in the Carling Cup final.
Scroll down to read more:
Ex-Tottenham manager and wrestling fanatic Gerry Francis met John at the ground to hand him his very own custom shirt, featuring Cena's college American football number 54 on the back.
Cena told The Sun: "There is such an atmosphere in that stadium, even when it's empty.
"It was an honour to receive this shirt from a legend like Gerry Francis – especially as he's a big WWE fan and will be watching this Sunday's Royal Rumble."
Most watched Sport videos
- Jurgen Klopp following his side's 4-1 win over Stoke
- Manchester City Samir Nasri spotted partying in Limo in LA
- He's Bad!: Man U's Jesse Lingard dances like Michael Jackson
- Arturo Vidal shows off jaw dropping beach trick during holiday
- Plane banter: Diego Costa plays a trick on team physio Marcelo
- Mourinho speaks following MUTD's 3-1 victory over Sunderland
- Manchester United's Zlatan Ibrahimovic approves Victor Lindelof
- Ryan Giggs is persuaded into trying snapchat for the first time
- Antonio Conte on Chelsea's 3-0 victory over Bournemouth
- Jack Wilshere tries out the Elite Skills Arena facility
- John Terry, Cesc Fabregas and Michy Batshuayi play under 23's game
- He'd know! Allardyce said Di Canio sacking 'pretty quick' in 2013