'I rip out my eyelashes': Olivia Munn reveals she suffers rare disorder
Actress Olivia Munn has revealed she suffers from a rare disorder that forces her to rip out her eye lashes.
The Newsroom star said she continually has to buy false eye lashes as a result of the disorder.
Nunn, 32, said she suffers from an impulse control disorder known as trichotillomania.
Rare disorder: The Newsroom's Olivia Munn has revealed she pulls out her eyelashes due to anxiety disorder trichotillomania
She said: “I don’t bite my nails, but I rip out my eyelashes.
'It doesn’t hurt, but it’s really annoying. Every time I run out of the house, I have to stop and pick up a whole set of fake eyelashes.'
Munn, whose career has gone from strength to strength following her appearances on The Daily Show, admitted she often suffers from anxiety.
She recalled one incident where she was too scared to enter a Memorial Day party without a friend by her side.
'I don’t think anyone would describe me as weak, but I don’t want people to be mean to me,' she said.
Revelation: Olivia, seen in New York running errands this weekend, left, and heading off to the Jimmy Fallon show, wears false eyelashes
'As an Air Force kid, I moved around a lot when I was younger and no one was nice to the new kid. So there is always this feeling that someone will make fun of me.'
Munn stars in a new film called The Babymaker which opens later this week.
She plays a woman so desperate for a child she persuades her husband to steal from a sperm bank.
But in real life Munn said she is no hurry to get pregnant.
'I definitely don’t have a baby urge right now,' she said.
Taking flight: Olivia was spotted strolling through JFK Airport in New York today with boyfriend Joel Kinnaman
'Having a baby is like losing your virginity; once you do it, you can’t take it back. That baby is forever.'
Munn said she has too much anxiety to raise a child.
'It’s not that I’m too busy with my career or anything, but I have this huge fear of something happening to a child of mine,' she said.
'What if I’m not a good parent and my child turns out to be a jerk? Like I need more anxiety in my life.'
Most watched News videos
- 'Don't wear that s*** here' man abused for #Buildthewall shirt
- Bizarre! Objects fall off kitchen counters in 'haunted' flat
- If your fiver does this when rubbed it could be worth £50,000
- Giving us the puppy eyes: Guilty looking pug is told off
- Citilink pilot allegedly goes through security 'drunk'
- Double trouble: Twins collapse in laughter on fat-burning device
- Muslim women confronts 'racist' man in Hull shopping centre
- George Michael gives Oprah a tour of his Oxfordshire home
- Moment 'disruptive' couple is arrested on flight headed to LA
- 1913: Russian Tsar Nicholas II walks with his family and priests
- Passenger films 'drunk' Citilink pilot speaking on flight
- Aerial footage shows Russian compound Obama is shutting down
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.