Cop who was photographed holding a beer bong for football game tailgater faces investigation
- Officer Carl Dooley used 'poor judgement' according to superiors
- Could be hit with penalties for conduct unbecoming an officer#
- Police are still trying to determine when the image was taken
Police are saying a officer captured on camera holding a beer bong 'appears to have used poor judgement.'
The photo, which appeared on theChive.com, was taken with tailgaters at a Cleveland Browns football game.
The officer, Cleveland Patrolman Carl Dooley, appears to be helping the unidentified tailgater drink the beer bong in the Municipal Parking Lot.
In this image, Cleveland Patrolman Carl Dooley, appears to be helping the unidentified tailgater drink the beer bong in the Municipal Parking Lot
It's uncertain exactly when the picture was taken, though police are trying to determine if it may have bee during last week's preseason game between Cleveland and the St. Louis Rams.
Dooley is a Field Training Officer. He helps new officers with on the job training.
WKYC reports that the photo is especially badly timed, asthe police department has been asking officer to more rigorously enforce open container laws.
'Sometimes, officers try to fit into their work environment, meaning no harm or diminishing the esteem of the police department,' Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association President Jeff Follmer told reporters.
Police spokesman Sgt. Ali Pillow said he was 'shocked' when he saw the image.
He added that Dooley could now be confronted conduct unbecoming an officer.
Most watched News videos
- Man finally talks to wife after over twenty years of silence
- Dog so excited to see his owner he leaps into her arms
- Giving us the puppy eyes: Guilty looking pug is told off
- Muslim taxi driver attacked by a drunken woman and her partner
- Backpackers 4WD rolls off car ferry in Queensland
- Citilink pilot allegedly goes through security 'drunk'
- An impressive start to 2017! Fireworks light up London's horizon
- Bizarre! Objects fall off kitchen counters in 'haunted' flat
- Touching moment man proposes to cancer-stricken girlfriend
- Sydney celebrates the new year with epic firework display
- Double trouble: Twins collapse in laughter on fat-burning device
- Jocelyn Wildenstein in exclusive interview with Daphne Barak
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.