KANNAPOLIS, N.C. - A woman stabbed a pit bull in Kannapolis after it attacked her dog, and then got aggressive with her brother, the woman told police.
Maria Saavedra said the pit bull belonging to a neighbor broke loose from its chain at 406 Wilkinson St. and came into her yard, attacking Saavedra’s dog, the police said in a release Friday.
Saavedra’s brother went to break up the two dogs when the pit bull became aggressive toward him.
That’s when Saavedra stabbed the pit bull with a knife to get it off her dog.
Both dogs were treated at an emergency veterinary clinic. The pit bull was put down, police said.
No charges were filed.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man walking in woods found missing woman, great-granddaughter
- Rare total solar eclipse visible from America in 2017
- Murder warrant issued after Charlotte woman's body found in car trunk
- CMPD cruiser involved in multi-car crash in south Charlotte
- Meth lab discovered at Belmont home for second time this year
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Sister defending brother, dog stabs aggressive pit bull
Man accused of killing Charlotte woman captured in Myrtle Beach
SPECIAL DELIVERY: First babies of 2017 born at Charlotte hospitals
3 stabbed in New Years' Eve fight over fireworks in south Charlotte
New Year's attack on packed Istanbul club leaves 39 dead