Popular high school female soccer coach, 26, 'had sexual relationship with female student, 18, on the team'
- Lauren Hill 'started a relationship with a student at St Joseph High School in Michigan after coaching her on the soccer team'
- A parent alerted the school to the alleged relationship and administrators contacted police
- Hill has been arrested and has since resigned from the school
- Friends said that the victim has not been back to school since the arrest
Arrested: Lauren Hill, 26, is accused of having a sexual relationship with an 18-year-old student
A beloved female high school teacher has been arrested for allegedly having a sexual relationship with one of her female students.
Lauren Hill, a 26-year-old English teacher and soccer coach at St Joseph High School in Michigan, was arrested last week and charged with four counts of criminal sexual conduct.
Students told WNDU that Hill, who had been a standout soccer player for Michigan State University, started a relationship with the 18-year-old student after coaching her on the girls soccer team.
Following the report on April 29, the school immediately interviewed the teacher and placed her on paid administrative leave, according to the school district.
They also contacted the St. Joseph Department of Public Safety, whose investigation allegedly found Hill had an inappropriate relationship with the student.
The young teacher was arrested on two counts of 2nd degree Criminal Sexual Conduct and two counts of 3rd degree Criminal Sexual Conduct. There are no charges regarding the girl being a minor as she is 18.
Popular: Hill, an English teacher and soccer coach, was a standout soccer player at Michigan State University, right, where she studied education. Students said she was one of their favorite teachers at school
Shock: Friends said that the 18-year-old student has not been back to St Joseph High School since the arrest
Students told WNDU that the teen has not been seen at the school since the teacher's arrest.
Superintendent Ann Cardon confirmed that Hill resigned on May 1. She was being held at the Berrien County Jail until she posted a $10,000 bond on May 3.
'We are thankful to SJPD for their quick response and support,' Cardon said in a statement.
'Our high school administration and staff have handled this situation with tremendous professionalism and respect. Our main focus is always student safety and our efforts will be concentrated on providing a safe and calm learning environment as we finish the school year.'
Students told WNDU that Hill was a popular teacher at the school and they could not say anything bad about her.
She is expected to be arraigned on May 12.
Hill, who is not married, is originally from Northville and majored in education at Michigan State University, where she was a standout soccer player.
Most watched News videos
- Mariah botches New Year's Eve performance and storms off stage
- Man finally talks to wife after over twenty years of silence
- Man goes crazy when he catches another guy in bed with his wife
- Bottles and furniture thrown during terrifying NYE fight
- 'Alexa, STOP!' Software mishears kid, offers VERY dirty results
- Dog shows off its incredibly efficient banana-eating technique
- An impressive start to 2017! Fireworks light up London's horizon
- Bizarre! Objects fall off kitchen counters in 'haunted' flat
- Scenes of Istanbul nightclub just an hour before terror attack
- Giving us the puppy eyes: Guilty looking pug is told off
- Crocodile gets hold of its trainer and does death roll in Phuket
- Dog so excited to see his owner he leaps into her arms
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.