Most women 'hate' their bodies
by ROSALIND RYAN, femail.co.uk
Now a recent survey has confirmed what we have known all along - most women hate their bodies.
A survey of more than 45,000 women found that almost 60 per cent said they 'hated' the way they looked.
More than 35 per cent said they were 'fairly happy' with their bodies and only only 4 per cent were 'completely happy'.
Most saw dieting as the key to body contentment, with 35 per cent saying they needed to lose two stone to be happy with their shape.
Every four in ten women said they worried constantly about their body, while more than a quarter of those surveyed said it bothered them most when shopping for new clothes.
And 34 per cent said any social situation made them feel body shy, while 23 per cent felt intimidated when sunbathing on the beach.
The stomach was top of the hate list for the area most of us would like to change, followed by hips and thighs, then breasts and - perhaps surprisingly - bottoms came bottom.
But rather than dieting or exercising to achieve their dream bodies, nearly 10 per cent said they would choose cosmetic surgery, especially if it was free.
More than half of those surveyed (56 per cent) said they would go under the knife to change just one or two things about their bodies.
Sheila Sang, head of the Women's Channel at AOL, which carried out the nationwide survey, said: "We are living in a world obsessed by fad dieting, celebrity makeovers and image.
"So it's not surprising that people set themselves such high standards that can sometimes be unrealistic."
Most watched News videos
- Road rage argument turns into full on fist fight in Ireland
- Blind man attaches GoPro to guide dog to record his commute
- BBC's controversial new sketch 'The Real Housewives of ISIS'
- Incredible moment 2-year-old twin rescues stuck brother
- M5 drivers trade blows in road rage fuelled fist fight
- Police Video Shows Rescue Of Kidnapped Man
- Great White shark breaches the water in pursuit of a tasty treat
- Adorable cat adamantly refuses to let go of owner's arm
- 2 Becomes 1: Mel C and Victoria Beckham sing together at bash
- Heartbreaking moment horse cries at owner's funeral
- Adorable baby will not stop dropping the F-bomb in the car
- South African man is bitten by puff adder snake in his backyard