'I told you about this two-and-a-half hours ago!' Channel Nine newsreader Amber Sherlock has epic diva meltdown over a presenter wearing the same colour DRESS as her

• 9 News presenter Amber Sherlock demanded reporter Julie Snook change outfit 
  • Just before going live, Sherlock realised both of them and a guest were in white
  • Ms Snook put up a fight and didn't want to change - making things very awkward
  • She eventually gave in and put on a black jacket following the extraordinary row 

Newsreaders are usually all smiles when they're on air, but it seems they're not always the best of friends once the cameras are switched off - as this outrageous video reveals.

The extraordinary footage taken in a 9 News studio shows newsreader Amber Sherlock having an epic meltdown after realising she, a fellow journalist and her guest were all wearing white.

She descended into rage after spotting 9 News presenter Julie Snook and psychologist Sandy Rea sporting similar dresses to her moments before going live on Wednesday.

Directing her anger at her colleague, Ms Sherlock demanded Ms Snook put on a different coloured jacket, creating an extremely awkward situation for their guest.

Awkward: 9 News presenter Amber Sherlock (centre) had an outrageous meltdown after realising she, presenter Julie Snook (left) and her guest psychologist Sandy Rea (right) were all wearing white

Speaking to her producer, the presenter said: 'I need Julie to put a jacket on because we're all in white. I asked her before we came on… Julie you need to put a jacket on.'

Ms Snook defended herself, insisting she had not had time to change out of her outfit.

But Ms Sherlock refused to back down, replying: 'Come on I told you two hours ago.'

Her fellow 9 News reporter apologised and said she had been 'flat out' and had not had time to switch into a different colour.

But a furious Ms Sherlock had no time for her apology and continued to demand she get changed before going live.

Psychologist Ms Rea, who by this point looked very uncomfortable, offered to find a jacket herself, as she was wearing white too.

Ms Snook (left) defended herself, insisting she had not had time to change out of her outfit - making things very awkward

Ms Snook tried to claim her dress was actually blue, but she then agreed to put on a black jacket that was lying around in the newsroom

But Ms Sherlock told her to calm down and pointedly remarked that she was fine as she had made sure to mention in advance that she would be wearing white.

'There can't be three of us,' the newscaster flatly said.

'If it's an issue I can get on out of here,' Ms Snook said.

'It is an issue. Go and grab a jacket,' Ms Sherlock coldly replied, adding: 'I wasn't saying it for no reason. The wardrobe girls will be furious.'

Ms Snook tried to claim her dress was actually blue, but she then agreed to put on a black jacket that was lying around in the newsroom.

'If there’s an issue I can just head on out and get back to work. I’m flat chat. I genuinely forgot,' the reporter said as she left her chair to find other clothes.

Despite their incredibly diva-esque row, the pair were all-smiles when they went on air, with Ms Sherlock (centre) grinning as she introduced her colleague

But Ms Sherlock was not finished. 

'Fine, jump on out if that’s what you’d like to do. Come on, wearing a jacket. I asked you two-and-a-half hours ago. It’s not the hardest request.

'I know it’s not your issue. But we did talk about it two-and-a-half hours ago.'

Despite their incredibly diva-esque row, the pair were all-smiles when they went on air, with Ms Sherlock grinning as she introduced her colleague - who was wearing the black jacket.

It is not clear who leaked the footage, which was published by Mumbrella.

The two 9 News journalists have since released a statement, with Ms Sherlock admitting she 'probably overreacted'.

'Live TV can be a pretty stressful beast, at times. And as anyone knows, it’s never much fun rocking up to work or to a party in the same outfit as one of your colleagues or friends,' she said. 

'I probably overreacted with the pressure of presenting a live news bulletin.

'Thank goodness we had psychologist Sandy Rae around afterwards!!'

Ms Snook added: 'What can I say? Amber and I just really love white! 

'Amber and I are good friends and I really enjoy working with her.

'News is a fast moving environment and sometimes these things happen.'

The comments below have not been moderated.

The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.

Who is this week's top commenter? Find out now