'It could have been love!' OITNB's Lea DeLaria announces split from fiancee just days after they were set to wed with a surprising social media post
This pair consciously uncoupled like no other.
Lea DeLaria has split with fiancee Chelsea Fairless, with the couple positing an unusual joint announcement on Wednesday.
The 58-year-old actress - who plays Bog Boo on Orange Is The New Black - was meant to marry her younger long-time love on Sunday.
It's over: Orange Is The New Black star Lea DeLaria has split with fiancee Chelsea Fairless, with the couple positing an unusual joint announcement on Wednesday featuring their engagement photo and the Roxette song It Could Have Been Love
But instead of being on their honeymoon, the couple have confirmed, in a surprisingly hilarious Instagram post, that they are no longer together.
The actress and her partner of four years - who is believed to be around 30-years-old - reported their funny engagement photo.
In the snap the couple are posed up with Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor superimposed next to them.
Lea and Chelsea added the Roxette song It Could Have Been Love to the post so it played while friends and fans read their split announcement.
Changed course: The 58-year-old actress was meant to marry her younger long-time love (pictured June) on Sunday, so their anniversary would be the same as the star's parents
The former pair wrote: 'Apparently this was an eerily prophetic choice of engagement photo as our relationship has since gone the way of David and Liza, with one small exception: our split is amicable.
Amicable: The exes (pictured May) are on good terms saying, 'We were happy together for four years and will remain in each other's lives. In fact, we look forward to finding new ways to torture each other'
'Please exclude us from the tragic and basic celebrity breakup narrative.
'We were happy together for four years and will remain in each other's lives. In fact, we look forward to finding new ways to torture each other.'
The pair signed off by thanking their friends and families for their love and support in what could be perhaps the most amicable and funny breakup ever.
Lea and Chelsea - a fashion editor - were introduced over four years ago by Lea's OITNB co-star Emma Myles who has been friends with Chelsea since high school.
The couple were meant to walk down the aisle on Sunday as January 8 was the same date as Lea's parents' wedding anniversary.
Comedian and the actress' long-time pal Sandra Bernhard was meant to be officiating the wedding.
The couple last appeared on a red carpet together in June.
Thanks for the memories: Lea plays Big Boo on Orange Is The New Black (pictured with Taylor Schilling) and was introduced to Chelsea by co-star Emma Myles
Most watched News videos
- Amber Sherlock makes Julie Snook change before TV appearance
- She's falling for him? Girl gets 'pushed off ledge in prank' video
- Sheep attack shepherd after being frightened by a car in Germany
- Fight breaks out on Middle Eastern Airlines flight from Beirut to london
- Passenger is filmed slapping a member of staff at Stansted Airport
- Biden becomes emotional when awarded Medal of Freedom by Obama
- Female bullfighter is mounted by young bull
- Paranormal activity? Young girl spooked by 'ghost' in her room
- Amber Valletta makes a rare appearance at LAX with son
- Twin sisters separated at birth reunited live on GMA
- Angry passenger films family being kicked off Jetstar flight
- 'My Michelle': Stevie Wonder pays tribute to Michelle Obama