'Holiday memories!' Celine Dion shares photograph of her and her boys marking their first Christmas without husband Rene Angelil
While they faced personal tragedy in 2016, this star and her children were determined to find happiness over the holiday season.
Celine Dion has shared a photograph on Thursday of her and her boys marking Christmas this year, their first without the singer's husband Rene Angelil.
Despite the sad times they faced over the preceding 12 months, the 48-year-old along with sons, Rene-Charles, 15, and six-year-old twins Eddy and Nelson, seemed very happy as the gathered by their tree.
'Holiday memories': Celine Dion has shared a photograph on Thursday of her and her boys, Rene-Charles, 15, and twins Eddy and Nelson (who sported new short 'dos), marking Christmas this year, their first without the singer's husband Rene Angelil
In the picture, the famed singer is wearing a polar bear onesie while the twin boys were Santa versions.
The Twins also sported new short hair cuts having worn their hair long past their shoulders since they were old enough to grow it that long.
The French-Canadian captioned the sweet throwback image: 'Holiday memories! Now time to get back to work! Souvenirs des fêtes! Maintenant, on retourne au boulot!'
While the Christmas was their first without Rene Snr., last year was a tough holiday season also with the late manager's heath rapidly deteriorating during that time.
Sad period: While the Christmas was their first without Rene Snr., (pictured 2003) last year was a tough holiday season also with the late manager's heath rapidly deteriorating during that time
Long time loves: The couple (pictured here in 2006) had been married for 21 years
While Celine's husband and manager managed to hold on through Christmas 2015, he passed away just two weeks later.
Rene was 73 when he lost his long battle with throat cancer on January 14 last year.
The couple had been married for 21 years. They officially began dating in 1987, when she was 19 years old and he 45. By 1991 they were engaged.
Valiant fight: Rene was 73 when he lost his long battle with throat cancer on January 14 last year. The family are seen here at his funeral. The twins are pictured with their signature long locks here
Most watched News videos
- Amber Sherlock makes Julie Snook change before TV appearance
- She's falling for him? Girl gets 'pushed off ledge in prank' video
- Sheep attack shepherd after being frightened by a car in Germany
- Fight breaks out on Middle Eastern Airlines flight from Beirut to london
- Passenger is filmed slapping a member of staff at Stansted Airport
- Biden becomes emotional when awarded Medal of Freedom by Obama
- Female bullfighter is mounted by young bull
- Paranormal activity? Young girl spooked by 'ghost' in her room
- Amber Valletta makes a rare appearance at LAX with son
- Twin sisters separated at birth reunited live on GMA
- Angry passenger films family being kicked off Jetstar flight
- 'My Michelle': Stevie Wonder pays tribute to Michelle Obama