Out and about! Shannen Doherty looks stronger as she rocks new haircut in Malibu after cancer battle milestone
She reached a milestone in her battle against breast cancer less than a week ago.
And on Wednesday, Shannen Doherty was spotted out and about, looking happy and healthy as she ran some errands in Malibu, California.
The 45-year-old actress just recently finished up an aggressive round of radiation therapy and already looks stronger, effectively earning the title of #CancerSlayer.
Glowing: Shannen Doherty, 45, was spotted out and about in Malibu after finishing up an aggressive round of radiation therapy to treat breast cancer
In July, Shannen - who has been battling breast cancer since 2015 - bravely took charge of losing her dark tresses to radiation therapy by documenting the shaving of her head in a six-part social media post.
The Charmed star found out she would be needing radiation therapy after doctors found the illness had spread beyond her lymph nodes.
She began treatment sessions in mid-November, beginning with a CT scan on November 18th that scared her so much it led to a panic attack.
Cool and casual: Doherty wore light blue jeans and a trendy oversized heather gray pocket tee
What a difference: Just six weeks ago, the actress was hard at work battling her debilitating illness alongside her loving husband Kurt Iswarienko
And after a long, emotionally and physically tasking journey in which husband Kurt Iswarienko was a huge support, the 90210 alumna finished up the round of therapy in the beginning of January.
She celebrated the end of radiation therapy by treating herself to a cut and color at her favorite salon, Ramirez Tran in Beverly Hills, where colourist Johnny Ramirez and stylist Anh Co Tran gave her a fresh new look.
On Wednesday morning, the star's hair seemed to be growing in rather rapidly as she was seen taking advantage of her freedom from the radiation room and enjoying the clean Malibu air with her cute new 'do.
Doherty wore light blue jeans and a trendy oversized heather gray pocket tee for her casual outing.
Looking stronger: Her face was partially covered by dark shaded aviator sunglasses, but a healthy pink flush could still be seen spread about her porcelain skin
Her face was partially covered by dark shaded aviator sunglasses, but a healthy pink flush could still be seen spread about her porcelain skin.
When others may have taken a break, Shannen didn't skip a beat.
The actress most recently starred in the 2016 sport drama Back in the Day alongside Alec Baldwin and Michael Madsen.
And in between battling the disease, she somehow found the time and energy to film the upcoming comedy How to Make a Deal with the Devil, starring herself and Matthias Hues.
Shannen is ready for the new year, already taking on a new role in the TV series MallBrats and gearing up to shoot a made-for-TV reboot of her 1988 dark comedy Heathers.
Most watched News videos
- Amber Sherlock makes Julie Snook change before TV appearance
- She's falling for him? Girl gets 'pushed off ledge in prank' video
- Sheep attack shepherd after being frightened by a car in Germany
- Fight breaks out on Middle Eastern Airlines flight from Beirut to london
- Passenger is filmed slapping a member of staff at Stansted Airport
- Biden becomes emotional when awarded Medal of Freedom by Obama
- Female bullfighter is mounted by young bull
- Paranormal activity? Young girl spooked by 'ghost' in her room
- Amber Valletta makes a rare appearance at LAX with son
- Twin sisters separated at birth reunited live on GMA
- Angry passenger films family being kicked off Jetstar flight
- 'My Michelle': Stevie Wonder pays tribute to Michelle Obama