Careful you don't slip! Whoopi Goldberg steps out in a pair of humorous banana skin shoes
She is well known for being a funny woman on film, but it seems Whoopi Goldberg's sense of humour also extends to her costume choices.
The 56-year-old actress and View moderator stepped out at the Paris premiere of the stage show of Sister Act, sporting a pair of fun banana skin style shoes.
Whoop teamed her humorous footwear with a billowing dark grey and white coat over black trousers as she posed for pictures with the cast of the show.
Peel-y good: Whoopi Goldberg stepped out at the Paris premiere of Sister Act yesterday sporting a billowing grey coat and banana-skin shoes
Mellow yellow: The shoes featured a peeled skin for a heel
However, her designer shoes don't come cheap.
Designed by Israeli 'shoe sculptor' Kobi Levi, the banana style pair are priced at a whopping $1,400 on his website.
The actress certainly seemed to be enjoying the creations, beaming wildly as she posed with the French cast of the show, which Whoopi is producing.
The Oscar-winning actress appeared in the hit film of the same name , playing disco singer Deloris Van Cartier, who hides in a convent after witnessing a murder.
Deloris soon becomes a hit with the nuns when she turns the convent choir into a sensation.
Taking centre stage: Whoopi is also producing the show, which is based on the film she starred in 20 years ago
Whoopi, who is giving up smoking, seemed particularly concerned about spending the flight over to Paris with no cigarettes.
'Greeting all in Paris France,' she tweeted on Wednesday. 'And still cigg free and happy, looking forward to Sister Act in French!'
Sister Act has been a successful stage show since being adapted from the 1992 movie, and currently has productions running in the UK, New York and Hamburg, with more planned.
Feeling French: Whoopi tweeted about how much she is looking forward to seeing the musical in Paris
Meanwhile, the politically minded star has also been hitting the headlines for posting a series of tweets criticising Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney.
'Mr Romney the man I was talking about turned into a man who flushed his ideals down the drain,' Whoopi wrote in one post on her Twitter account.
Her response came after Romney was captured on video making a joke at her expense while talking about appearing on The View.
Blooming good: The stage version of the film has been a huge success since its adaptation into a musical show
Most watched News videos
- Amber Sherlock makes Julie Snook change before TV appearance
- Fight breaks out on Middle Eastern Airlines flight from Beirut to london
- Sheep attack shepherd after being frightened by a car in Germany
- She's falling for him? Girl gets 'pushed off ledge in prank' video
- Passenger is filmed slapping a member of staff at Stansted Airport
- Biden becomes emotional when awarded Medal of Freedom by Obama
- Female bullfighter is mounted by young bull
- Paranormal activity? Young girl spooked by 'ghost' in her room
- Shocking and provocative trailer for the cannibal movie RAW
- Amber Valletta makes a rare appearance at LAX with son
- Twin sisters separated at birth reunited live on GMA
- Tom Oye saved from advancing avalanche by inflatable vest
The comments below have been moderated in advance.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.