Robin 'punched' our six-year-old son: Thicke's ex claims child is 'scared' of his 'violent' father in bitter custody row - as singer says she's upset because she wasn't invited to his father's funeral
- The actress filed a request to have her ex-husband's visitation rights altered
- Allegations of Thicke punching and spanking his son included in court papers
- Six-year-old Julian allegedly told school teachers his pop-star father hit him
- Thicke denied the allegations and said he only ever 'lightly spanks' his son
- He went on to say Patton is upset she was not invited to Alan Thicke's funeral
Robin Thicke has been accused of spanking and punching his six-year-old son in new legal documents filed in his bitter custody battle with ex-wife Paula Patton.
The papers allege how Thicke and Patton's son, Julian, told school teachers that his pop-star father spanked him a number of times and even 'punched' him, a source close to the case allegedly told TMZ.
The website's source claims the school reported Julian's alleged comments to the Los Angeles County Deptartment of Children and Family Services on January 3.
As a result, Patton stopped letting Thicke see his son, and court documents allegedly claim she told him: 'Julian is scared of you.'
On Thursday, a judge denied Patton;s request to change the custody agreement between the exes.
Robin Thicke has been accused of spanking and punching his six-year-old son in new legal documents filed in his bitter custody battle with ex-wife Paula Patton
According to TMZ, the 41-year-old actress then filed an emergency order requesting Thicke to be only allowed to see his son during daytime supervised visits.
The singer, whose father died last month, currently sees his son overnight every Thursday, Friday and Saturday as part of a joint custody agreement.
And Thicke hit back at the child abuse allegations, saying he rarely spanked his son - but even when he did it was part of a punishment style he and Patton had agreed upon.
'On a very rare occasion and only as a last resort, I will use light spanking, but it is consistent with the law - open hand on the butt. This is the type of discipline to which Paula and I agreed during our marriage,' he said in court documents.
Paula Patton and Robin Thicke are seen with their son, Julian, during happier time in September 2013
Patton (pictured in China in June 2016) reportedly stopped letting Thicke see his son, and court documents allegedly claim she told him: 'Julian is scared of you'
'On a very rare occasion and only as a last resort, I will use light spanking, but it is consistent with the law - open hand on the butt,' Thicke said to defend himself
'I have never exceeded age-appropriate discipline, and thus never been an issue, nor has it been raised by Paula previously.'
The pop-star then went on to allege the latest round of hostility between the two is a result of Patton not being invited to the funeral of his father, Alan Thicke.
The actor died following a heart attack. He was 69.
'Paula did not have a positive relationship with my father and often made negative comments to me about my father. As such, she was not welcome at his funeral,' Thicke said in the court documents, according to TMZ, explaining why Patton was not invited.
Patton has previously spoken about the relationship she had with Alan Thicke, posting a social media message in the wake of his death.
The pop-star then went on to allege the latest round of hostility between the two is a result of Patton not being invited to the funeral of his father, Alan Thicke. Thicke is seen overcome with emotion at his father's funeral in December 2016
Robin Thicke is pictured with his current girlfriend, 21-year-old model April Love Geary
Robin began dating April in 2014, shortly after he split from his wife of nine years Paula Patton
'I knew Alan since I was 15 years old and he had a tremendous effect on my life. I loved and respected him so much!' she wrote on Instagram.
'So many great memories and laughs together. We will miss him so much! His grandson is quite sure he is still here with us in spirit.'
Most watched News videos
- Sheep attack shepherd after being frightened by a car in Germany
- Fight breaks out on Middle Eastern Airlines flight from Beirut to london
- She's falling for him? Girl gets 'pushed off ledge in prank' video
- Shocking and provocative trailer for the cannibal movie RAW
- Female bullfighter is mounted by young bull
- Amber Sherlock makes Julie Snook change before TV appearance
- BBC's Jeremy Vine involved in shocking road rage incident
- Paranormal activity? Young girl spooked by 'ghost' in her room
- Child is caught on dashcam footage wandering into icy road
- Gloria Williams waves extradition for kidnapping Kamiyah Mobley
- Passenger is filmed slapping a member of staff at Stansted Airport
- Woman kidnapped as baby found alive after 18 years