Taxi! Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi sports retro inspired outfit as she hails a cab in New York
They can be notoriously difficult to wave down, as any New Yorker will tell you.
But Padma Lakshmi had no trouble getting a taxi to stop when she was spotted out on the streets of the Big Apple on Thursday.
Of course, the driver of the yellow cab may have been impressed by the beautiful 46-year-old's big smile.
On the lookout: Padma Lakshmi was spotted standing of the corner of a street in New York on waiting for a passing cab on Thursday
Or maybe seeing her stunning physique as she stretched out an arm to hail him had something to do with it as well.
Despite the chilly day, the Top Chef host wasn't wearing a warm overcoat.
Padma opted for a clinging, long-sleeved red sweater that she wore tucked into skin-tight jeans that featured a retro, boot-cut style.
This is how you do it: Taxis can be notoriously difficult to wave down, as any New Yorker will tell you, but the 46-year-old's stunning figure was no doubt a big lure for taxi drivers
No problem at all: The Top Chef host, who was born in India, quickly snagged a ride
She cinched them just above her hips with a brown plaited belt and added height to her willowy 5ft 9ins frame with a pair of brown, block heeled boots.
The raven-haired beauty, born in Chennai, India, left her long tresses free to cascade over her shoulders and carried a bottle of water to stay hydrated.
Padma recently released a new book, The Encyclopedia Of Spices And Herbs: An Essential Guide To The Flavors Of The World.
The smile that say it all: Padma opted for a clinging, long-sleeved red sweater that she wore tucked into skin-tight jeans that featured a retro, boot-cut style
The book is packed with information about these flavours of the world and their benefits - such as weight loss.
'If you know how to use spices, you can revolutionize your cooking. It's how I always stay skinny,' Padma recently told People.
The celebrity has a six-year-old daughter, Krishna, from a previous relationship with venture capitalist Adam Dell.
Great rear view: The celebrity's boot-cut jeans showed off her derriere to perfection
Most watched News videos
- Sheep attack shepherd after being frightened by a car in Germany
- Fight breaks out on Middle Eastern Airlines flight from Beirut to london
- She's falling for him? Girl gets 'pushed off ledge in prank' video
- Gloria Williams waves extradition for kidnapping Kamiyah Mobley
- Amber Sherlock makes Julie Snook change before TV appearance
- Female bullfighter is mounted by young bull
- Shocking and provocative trailer for the cannibal movie RAW
- BBC's Jeremy Vine involved in shocking road rage incident
- Man takes his cat Weston Sledding in the snow
- MailOnline tries the hardest and most dangerous gym class
- Semi truck clips snow plow in Spanish Fork Canyon
- Enraged kick-boxer strikes husband's mistress NINE times