Internet vigilantes 'name and shame' Baby P's mother and sadistic boyfriend on Facebook
Hate forum: 5,000 people joined a group which carried the evil couple’s names before Facebook shut it down yesterday
Baby P’s mother and her sadistic boyfriend were yesterday ‘named and shamed’ on the internet.
More than 5,000 people joined a Facebook group which carried the evil couple’s names, together with photographs, under the heading ‘Look at their faces, remember their faces’.
Several visitors to the page, which also called for Haringey council officials to be sacked, left abusive comments or threats of violence against the couple, who are in jail awaiting sentence.
The threats, many left by women, included several for the couple to face vigilante ‘justice’.
The page on the social networking site appeared to breach legal orders banning the naming or identification of the 27-year-old mother, or her lover.
Facebook last night took down the page, and the mother’s profile page on another social networking site, Bebo, has also been shut down after it was targeted with abuse.
A Facebook spokesman said the online comments mirrored conversations ‘that are currently taking place everywhere, from the House of Commons to the man on the street.'
Thousands of internet users have also formed groups planning a march on Downing Street to protest over Haringey’s failure to protect the child, who was on their at-risk register for eight months before his death.
Most watched News videos
- Kitesurfer unaware of great white shark swimming below
- Mariah Carey sings during billionaire's granddaughter wedding
- Bike crashes into back of car after car drivers reckless antics
- SBS explores diversity in experimental dating series Undressed
- Gloria Williams waves extradition for kidnapping Kamiyah Mobley
- Enraged kick-boxer strikes husband's mistress NINE times
- Father left bloodied after dads of teenage footballers fight
- It's a drop off!: Tow truck driver knocks SUV off high cliff
- Disgusting moment cyst puss eruption covers cell phone
- Pakistani singer stops concert to save a girl from harassment
- Sir Elton kicks off 9 hour wedding of billionaire's granddaughter
- Legal implications for Gloria Williams who kidnapped Kamiyah Mobley