'I hope you're not around for long': Joe Scarborough goes after 'disgrace' Stephen Miller, blaming the president's senior advisor for weekend immigration chaos
- Morning Joe's Joe Scarborough says he met with President Trump and his advisers this weekend, during the beginning of the Muslim ban scandal
- He blamed the executive order on Trump's 32-year-old senior advisor Stephen Miller, who he says refused to vet the order with other agencies
- 'By the time you're 35, maybe you'll know how Washington and the White House really works - if you're still around. I hope you're not,' Scarborough said
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough went on a tear Monday morning - blaming Trump's controversial Muslim ban on his 32-year-old senior advisor Stephen Miller.
Scarborough said he met with the president and many members of his team over the weekend, and said it was Miller who was the author of the executive order that is now causing chaos at airports across the country.
The executive order bans all citizens from Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen and Syria from entering the country.
Scroll down for video
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough (left) blamed the president senior advisor Stephen Miller (right) for this weekend's chaos following the Muslim ban
Citizens from these countries that were traveling to the U.S. when President Trump signed the executive order on Friday have been held at airports across the country, as lawyers fight to get them released.
Reports say that Miller and other White House political operatives developed the plan without consulting any other agencies - which caused the confusion about what to do about citizens arriving from these countries over the weekend.
'I will just say this right here - and reporting will bear this out - you've got a very young person in the White House on a power trip, thinking you can just write executive orders and tell all of your cabinet agencies to go to hell.
'And Washington is in an uproar this morning - forget about what's happening in the street - because Stephen Miller decided he was going to do this without going through the regular inter agency process,' Scarbrough said Monday morning.
Scarborough became so impassioned in his take down that his co-host, Mika Brzezinski, tried to quite him repeatedly.
'Stephen Miller better learn very quickly that if you're going to have the president of the United States sign something, you may better check it out with other agencies.
'I know you're almost 33 [Mika: 'Now stop], but you may want to actually check it out with other agencies who have been doing this for a long time.
'You may want to check [Mika: Shh] with people who run other agencies too, ok?
'And by the time you're 35, maybe you'll know how Washington and the White House really works, if you're still around. I hope you're not. Because this weekend was a disgrace and it's all on your shoulders,' Scarbrough said.
Miller graduated from Duke University with a degree in political science in 2007. He wrote for the student newspaper during his four years there, and was known for defending the Duke lacrosse team during that sex scandal.
He went on to work as the press secretary for Congressman Michele Bachmann and Congressman John Shadegg, before rising to the position of communications director for then Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, now Trump's pick for attorney general.
He worked with Sessions to defeat the Gang of Eight's proposed immigration bill - and started developing a new plan he described as 'nation-state populism'.
Most watched News videos
- Terrifying moment tiger attacks man inside zoo enclosure in China
- Amazing!: Toddler climbs gate with incredible precision
- Roger and Mirka Federer share beautiful moment after Aus Open win
- Stevie Jacobs cries on-air after patient he visits dies of cancer
- Haunting footage of final moments of Endah Cakrawati before crash
- 'Dog Guardian' demonstrates how to stop pets from being bad
- Ashton Kutcher speaks out against Immigration Ban at SAG awards
- Julia Louis Dreyfus mocks & stands up to Trump during SAGs
- Woman hears for the first time since she was two and a half
- Winona Ryder looks confused during David Harbour's speech at SAGs
- Shocking footage of road rage incident where young woman is punched
- Many Clouds dies after beating Thistlecrack in the Cotswold Chase