EXCLUSIVE: 'She really frightened me' - Grandmother of RHOC Alexa Curtin files for an 'elder abuse' restraining order after the 23-year-old threatened her and broke into her home
- Alexa Curtin, the daughter of Real Housewives of Orange County star Lynne Curtin, is being accused of elder abuse, according to court papers
- Her grandmother Marilou Colee, who lives with Alexa's mother Lynne, filed a restraining order against the 23-year-old last week
- Marilou, 88, claims that Alexa broke into her home in Mission Viejo, California and threatened her
- Last year Alexa accused a police officer of raping her and was charged with drug possession two months later
- Marilou said her granddaughter has spiraled out of control after her alleged sexual assault, turned to drinking and has spent nights sleeping outside
Alexa Curtin, the daughter of Real Housewives of Orange County star Lynne Curtin, has found herself embroiled in more legal trouble this week.
Alexa's grandmother, Marilou Colee, 88, filed an 'elder abuse' restraining order against the 23-year-old, claiming that her granddaughter has spiraled out of control and broke into her California home in Mission Viejo. The particular type of legal order she is seeking is for persons 65 years or older who have been physically, emotionally or financially abused.
Marilou chalks up the string of break-ins and erratic behavior to Alexa's traumatic sexual assault two years ago.
Last year, Alexa filed a federal lawsuit against the Orange County Sheriff’s Department, accusing a deputy of raping her when she was 21 during a traffic stop.
Alexa's grandmother, Marilou Colee, 88, filed a restraining order against the 23-year-old, saying that her granddaughter has spiraled out of control and broke into her California home in Mission Viejo
Marilou chalks up the string of break-ins and erratic behavior to Alexa's traumatic sexual assault. Pictured, the family together for mother's day last year; from left to right Raquel Curtin (Alexa's sister), Marilou Colee, Lynne Curtin and Alexa Curtin
‘Plaintiff was violated, traumatized, emotionally drained, in shock, and fearing for her own safety. Specifically, Plaintiff feared that given the Deputy’s position, he would find her and harm her again,' the suit stated.
The incident, Alexa's grandmother Marilou said, jolted her life off track and made her turn to illicit substances. Two months after filing the lawsuit, Alexa was charged with drug possession.
'She has been raped by an Orange County sheriff, and this poor girl, she can't get it out of her mind. She'd upset with all of this. It's an awful thing to happen to a woman,' Marilou told DailyMail.com.
'I love her so much, but she broke into my house.
'I can see who's at the door from the inside, and when I open it she just kind of comes in. She's stayed with me for a couple weeks before. After that she's threatened us, broken windows.
'She really frightened me. When we called the police they said I had to file a restraining order before they could do anything.'
Marilou and her daughter Lynne, who lives with her, filed a probate case accusing Alexa of elder abuse last Tuesday at Orange County Court.
'You know, I'm 88 years old, and I went to court with my daughter and spent four hours filling out all these papers. Everything we said was the truth, but they thought we were lying.
Marilou and her daughter Lynne, who lives with her, filed a probate case accusing Alexa (pictured left) of elder abuse last Tuesday at Orange County Court. Lynne starred on Real Housewives for two seasons before leaving after season 5, while Alexa made multiple guest appearances on the show
'[Alexa] is sweet as can be, but she turned threatening, saying she hates my daughter. She's threatened to kill herself and asked Lynne things like "Why did you have me?" Marilou, seen here with daughter Lynne, said
'[Alexa] is sweet as can be, but she turned threatening, saying she hates my daughter. She's threatened to kill herself and asked Lynne things like "Why did you have me?"
'She doesn't have any money, she doesn't have a car, she hasn't been doing anything. It's so sad, she'll be out in the rain, she's slept in the bushes.'
Despite Alexa's attempt to get back on her feet, a brief stint in the adult film industry has marred her professional aspirations. Under the alias 'Jayden Taylors', Alexa did porn videos in 2014 to pay for plastic surgery.
'She's trying to get a job now but, you know, if you have anything in your history, they don't want to hire you. It's hard out there. Her father paid for her to go to rehab and I think she's off the drugs now,' Marilou said.
Marilou hopes that Alexa will be able to make a life change and, by doing so, take an emotional burden off her family.
'My daughter is so upset over all of this. She's depressed, she's that upset.
'We have a lovely home. We've always been a perfect family, the girls have never done anything. But later in my life this is so hard.
'Alexa started drinking, she's not with her husband anymore; it all kinda broke her heart. I pray every night that she'll straighten out. She's fragile. There are so many possibilities for her, though: modeling, dancing, anything.
'We don't know where she is now. Some friend took her in and then she called Lynn and told her she was safe. There are some pictures on Facebook where she's wearing some nice clothes, so hopefully this will be it,' Marilou said.
Lynne Curtin starred on Real Housewives for two seasons before leaving after season 5, while Alexa made multiple guest appearances on the show.
Marilou is set to have a court hearing over the restraining order request next month. Alexa could not be reached for comment.
Most watched News videos
- Terrifying moment tiger attacks man inside zoo enclosure in China
- Muslim American woman films man as he bullies her at cafe
- Haunting footage of final moments of Endah Cakrawati before crash
- 'My mum's a witch!': 'Drugged' Mischa Barton's scary breakdown
- Stevie Jacobs cries on-air after patient he visits dies of cancer
- Ashton Kutcher speaks out against Immigration Ban at SAG awards
- Woman hears for the first time since she was two and a half
- Amazing!: Toddler climbs gate with incredible precision
- Julia Louis Dreyfus mocks & stands up to Trump during SAGs
- Roger and Mirka Federer share beautiful moment after Aus Open win
- Winona Ryder looks confused during David Harbour's speech at SAGs
- Masked thugs in Belgravia hurl missiles and abuse at squatters