Nicki Minaj slams shoe designer Giuseppe Zanotti for naming 23 different sneakers after her... but then refusing to collaborate with the rapper
- Zanotti told Minaj years ago he wanted to name sneakers after her
- But when she called his company to work with him, she says she got a big no
- Giuseppe has recently worked on a capsule collection with Jennifer Lopez
- Lopez was seeing Minaj's longtime pal Drake for a while
Nicki Minaj is mad at Italian shoe designer Giuseppe Zanotti.
On Friday the singer took to social media to point out that his publicist would not take her calls.
This is after the grey-haired shoe wiz - whose designs can cost up to $3K a pair - named many of his sneakers after the Anaconda singer.
Angry: Nicki Minaj is mad at Italian shoe designer Giuseppe Zanotti. On Friday the singer took to social media to point out that his publicist would not take her calls. Pictured December
They messed with the wrong star! 'This is wonderful. #GiuseppeZanotti seems to think it’s ok to name his sneakers after me but his PR says they won’t take our call,' the rapper wrote
There are 23 different sneakers named Nicki currently available on the brand’s website.
'This is wonderful. #GiuseppeZanotti seems to think it’s ok to name his sneakers after me but his PR says they won’t take our call,' the rapper wrote.
'Lol. I met #GiuseppeZanotti years ago. At which time, he told me I inspired him to design a sneaker in my honor.
She also showed several pairs of his shoes named after her.
Here we go: She even showed a photo of a Nicki Glitter sneaker
Mad as heck: The star then said that she was good enough to inspire but not worth doing a collection with
Having a bit of fun: Nicki said that his pr department must have 'bumped their head'
She didn't stop there.
The Chris Brown collaborator then added: 'Just go on google, you'll see all the different pairs he's named after me. Lil black girl can inspire u but ain't worth a collection my n**?'
And then the star wrote: 'Don't care about the money. It's just the disrespect. You're not taking MY call? Lol. Give some money to charity in my name or smthn.'
And then the crooner added: 'U know what I gotta go. My phone ringing. Tell Floyd, Fif & Mike Tyson to book me for the next fight. Me and Giuseppe.'
He worked with HER: Zanotti posing with Jennifer Lopez during her capsule collection unveil in Beverly Hills on Thursday
Cozy twosome: Lopez helped design several styles and named them after her daughter Emme, sisters and a cousin
'Wore them on the cover of Cosmo.
'Recently when he gave other artists capsule collections, my agency reached out and was told they’re not taking our call.'
One of those stars he has a capsule collection with is Jennifer Lopez, 47.
J-Lo was recently linked to Nicki's old friend Drake.
Another link: Lopez has been spending time with Drake, who has said many times he had a thing for Nicki
And then there is this: Minaj has been hanging out with Drake again since her split from Meek Mill last year
This social media rampage comes after Nicki's Los Angeles mansion was burglarized of nearly $200,000.
Not only was $200,000 worth of jewelry and other property stolen from the posh home, which she has been renting for $30,000 a month, but the place was 'trashed,' according to a Thursday report from TMZ.
No suspects have been arrested yet, but police believe the crime may have been committed by someone who knows the 34-year-old singer.
Bad week for NM: This social media rampage comes after Nicki's Los Angeles mansion was burglarized of nearly $200,000
Most watched News videos
- Ministry of Defence release build up to Marine A shooting Taliban fighter
- Moment carer is caught on camera manhandling a dementia patient
- Woman filmed performing sex act in Florida court house
- Ivanka posts video of Arabella singing a song for Chinese New Year
- Susie Dent can't resist naughty eight-letter word in Countdown
- MoD video shows build-up to moment marine shoots Taliban fighter
- It's bananas!: Brexit voter says banana shape swayed her vote
- Sky News presenter accidentally says 'pr**k' in Trump segment
- Moments after Audi R8 GT crashes after driving almost 200 mph
- Girl is thrown from theme park ride and dies in China
- Junkie holds young girl at knifepoint as he demands drugs from police
- Spoof video shows how a Cornish Donald Trump may act
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.