'We can't talk too much about nipple clamps...' Fifty Shades Darker cast 'warned about using overtly sexual language'

It's one of the raunchiest Hollywood franchises in recent history.

But amazingly the cast of 50 Shades Darker has been banned from being 'overtly sexual' on social media and interviews.

According to Oscar-winning actress Marcia Gay Harden, who stars in the film as the mother of Jamie's Dornan's character Christian Grey, she was reprimanded by movie bosses for her lewd talk.

My lips are sealed: Movie bosses have told the cast of 50 Shades Darker to avoid 'overtly sexual' language on social media and in interviews 

She told The Sun: 'We can't talk too much about nipple clamps.

'I used to send out some naughty little tweets... and I was told by Universal that I couldn't do it any more.

'It is a love story after all — I don't think they want us being too overtly sexual in interviews.'

The film franchise is famous for its sexual tension between stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson. 

Steamy: The film franchise is famous for its sexual tension between stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson

One recently-aired teaser for the film, set to be released on February 10, shows the lead actors getting very steamy together in a shower scene.

Just last week Marcia Gay Harden appeared in a new promo that gave fans a peek behind the scenes of a luxuriant masquerade sequence pulled straight from EL James' 2012 novel of the same name. 

Marcia can be seen sat at her party table in an elegant black dress and conversing with a member of staff.

Lady in red: According to Oscar-winning actress Marcia Gay Harden, she was reprimanded by movie bosses for her lewd talk

Hot: One teaser for the film, set to be released on February 10, shows the lead actors getting very steamy together in a shower scene

This comes after Dornan revealed at the Los Angeles premiere of his film that it was easier filming sex scenes for this movie than it was for the last.

'I was only cast five weeks before we started filming the first movie, and that’s when I met Dakota [Johnson] for the first time,' the 34-year-old actor told Entertainment Tonight.

Workin up a sweat: This comes after Dornan revealed at the Los Angeles premiere of his film that it was easier filming sex scenes for this movie than it was for the last

Close: In the Fifty Shades series, Dornan plays Christian Grey, an enigmatic billionaire with a penchant for BDSM

'[Now] it’s been three years, [and] Dakota and I are very close. We’ve got a great sort of love and respect for each other. We’re great friends and I think that makes it easier, you know? So it’s definitely more comfortable.' 

In the Fifty Shades series, Dornan plays Christian Grey, an enigmatic billionaire with a penchant for BDSM.

Johnson, 27, plays Steele, an ingénue who falls into Grey’s world of weirdness. 

Intimate: Johnson, 27, plays Steele, an ingénue who falls into Grey’s world of weirdness

No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards.

By posting your comment you agree to our house rules.