Nicole Scherzinger ‘accepts Lewis Hamilton’s marriage proposal after turning him down THREE times before’
Nicole Scherzinger and Lewis Hamilton are reportedly engaged to be wed.
The former Pussycat Doll accepted the British F1 racing champion’s offer of marriage, having allegedly turned him down three times before.
The couple, who got back together late last year, are said to be setting up home at Hamilton’s Switzerland mansion after a summer wedding in August.
Yes! Lewis Hamilton and Nicole Scherzinger are reportedly engaged to be married
‘Lewis is doing his
best to keep the news under wraps but he is absolutely delighted,’ a
source told the Daily Star. ‘He got down on one knee and Nicole finally
‘The plan is they are going to live together in Switzerland and travel together when Lewis is racing. Of course, this means her career will have to take a back seat for a while but she is ready to support him on the track.’
source added: ‘It is the ideal plan for the both of them and will
hopefully lead to a big summer wedding in August when Lewis has a
three-week break from his F1 schedule.’
Back seat: Nicole will reportedly put her career on hold to travel the racing world with her F1 driver love
Romantic: The couple seemed well and truly back on form on holiday in Rome last month
Their five-year relationship to a permanent end in July – shortly before the former Pussycat Doll toured the UK with Gary Barlow, Sharon Osbourne and Louis Walsh as they selected promising hopefuls during X Factor live auditions.
I’ve not been dating,’ Scherzinger, 35, said in November last year. ‘That’s not where my head’s been at. At all. You have to be happy with yourself before you’re happy with anyone else.’
But the first hint of a reconciliation came a month earlier, when Lewis, 29, was spotted in the car-park of the hotel where Nicole was checked into.
Now they are making no disguise of their rekindled romance, with Lewis sharing a picture of the two of them on a romantic Roman holiday.
He called her 'wifey' in a photo of them in the Sistine Chapel (which is actually forbidden), and after Hamilton took the pole position during a qualifying race in Melbourne on Saturday ahead of Australia's Grand Prix on Sunday, Nicole couldn't hold back her excitement.
'Congratulations @LewisHamilton So proud of u 4 taking pole position! First race of the season! @f1 #AustralianGP Race ur heart out babe! xo (sic),' the singer tweeted.
MailOnline have contacted Nicole's representatives for comment.
Reconcile: Lewis Hamilton and Nicole Scherzinger got back together late last year
Most watched News videos
- Danielle Bregoli throws punches while boarding Spirit Airways
- Cameraman 'zooms in' on woman's breasts in 'see-through' swimsuit
- Caught on camera: Bystanders watch topless men fighting in street
- Moment Lindsay Hoyle and Alex Salmond scream at each other
- Danielle Bregoli discusses fighting a 'crack head' with her mom
- 'I don't take no s***': Bus driver kicks drunk man off bus
- Watch Barack Obama wipe out in kite surfing battle
- McConnell blocks Warren from reading letter from MLK's wife
- Footage shows hostile environment that Alexander Blackman endured
- Melissa McCarthy nails screeching Sean Spicer on SNL
- Danielle went viral after appearing on Dr Phil in 2016
- Moment woman pops open her shirt by flexing her boobs