'You're a copycat, Where is my royalty?': Madonna blasts Lady Gaga in leaked lyrics from new song Two Steps Behind Me
Lady Gaga has always credited Madonna as one of her musical inspirations, but it seems like imitation isn't always the sincerest form of flattery.
Madge has reportedly taken aim at the Pokerface singer in a leaked track from her new album Two Steps Behind Me, in which the 56-year-old singer describes her as a 'copycat'.
'You're a copycat, Where is my royalty? You're a pretty girl, I'll give you that. But stealing my recipe, it's an ugly look,' Madonna sings in the hard-hitting song.
Scroll down for video
Oh no she didn't: Madonna seems to blast Lady Gaga as a 'copycat' in new song Two Steps Behind Me
'Did you study me hard enough? You're never gonna be, you're just a wannabe me. Like a sister all messed-up, who's gonna help you out? In your fantasy, you can try it all. But you can't be me.
'You can walk the walk, even talk the talk. But you'll always be two steps behind me.'
A source working closely with Madonna on her upcoming 13th album thinks Gaga, 28 will be 'mortified' when she catches wind of the damning lyrics, although it is yet to be confirmed whether the song has made the cut.
Not impressed: It seems Madonna, 56, is not too happy to be one of Gaga's musical inspirations
They told The Sun: 'They're very harsh lyrics but Madonna really wants to express herself again. Gaga's going to be mortified.
'I'm hearing Madonna may well drop the first of the tracks as soon as November, much earlier than expected. I can't wait.'
Guy Ritchie also reportedly gets a battering in his ex-wife's lyrics to another track Heartbreak City in which she describes the memory of their relationship as 'haunting' and accuses him of using her for fame.
She sings: 'Cut me down the middle, f***ed me up a little. You said I was your queen. I tried to give you everything. And now you want your freedom.
Mortified: No doubt Lady Gaga won't be happy to be the subject of her hero's ire
'You got just what you came for, a bit of fame and fortune, and I'm no longer needed.
'You tore me into pieces, you didn't have no damn reason. I let you in my kingdom, you helped yourself with everything.
'I curse the day we met. This memory is haunting me. I wish I could forget.'
Madonna was married to the director from 2000 to 2008. The former couple have a son Rocco, 14, and an adopted son, David, eight, together.
Slammed: Guy Ritchie also gets a battering in his ex-wife's lyrics to another track Heartbreak City
'Im calling the cute Police! #poleeeeeeeeeezzzeeeeee #livingforlove': On Friday, the proud mom shared photos of her daughters with fans, her beaming little girl Mercy pictured gazing adoringly into the camera as her famous mom snapped away
'La Vie En Rose! ️amour toujours!': Daughter Lourdes, 17, also posed for a happy snap, looking every inch the spitting image of her mother in the black and white shot
Most watched News videos
- Shock as father finds out his son is not biologically his
- Moment ISIS suicide attacker detonates bomb near Syrian rebels
- Horrifying screams as teen falls from bridge in front of friends
- Evacuation order remains in effect below damaged California dam
- Not your average pet! Texas couple live with 180 stone buffalo
- ISIS video of boys from Yazidi area of Iraq 'on suicide mission'
- Man being arrested in Croydon throws policeman to the ground
- Weezy the rescue dog meets baby for the first time
- Teachers name pupils they would have sex with, marry or kill
- Shocking video shows Tesco staff members manhandling suspected thief
- Woman dies after fall from World Trade Center Oculus escalator
- Red-bellied black snake attacks smaller brown snake