George and Amal Clooney create their very own love nest with a swing chair and wood burner in grounds of their new UK home
- Actor, 54, and his lawyer wife, 37, are adapting their nine-bedroom mansion in multi-million pound renovation
- New photographs show pretty wooden hut with steps leading to water in which couple will soon be relaxing
- Couple's immaculate family home in Berkshire will feature cinema, 360-degree security and 60ft swimming pool
George and Amal Clooney have created a love nest with a wood burner and swing chair in the grounds of their £10million riverside mansion.
The 54-year-old actor and his 37-year-old lawyer wife are adapting their nine-bedroom home in Berkshire in a multi-million pound renovation.
And new photographs show the pretty wooden hut in which the power couple who married in Venice last year will no doubt soon be relaxing.
Down by the riverside: New photographs show the pretty wooden hut in which George and Amal Clooney will no doubt soon be relaxing
Hut: The Clooneys have created a love nest in Berkshire with a wood burner and swing chair - as well as steps leading down to the water
Praise: One local resident said the builders had 'used reclaimed wood and built it in a classic style so it looks as if it has always been there'
One local told the Daily Star Sunday: ‘The builders have used reclaimed wood and built it in a classic style so it looks as if it has always been there.
‘But it has all mod-cons inside and will be the perfect place to relax or work in peace come rain or shine.’
The couple will eventually be moving into what they hope will be an immaculate family home, complete with a home cinema and 360-degree security.
The Clooneys are also installing a new 60ft swimming pool, surrounded in reclaimed York stone, a pool house and a tennis court.
And the villagers will be happy when it is finished, following complaints that dozens of construction vehicles on local roads are ruining their quiet lifestyle.
Construction project: Mr and Mrs Clooney have upset some locals who say dozens of construction vehicles are ruining their quiet lifestyle
Big job: The 54-year-old actor and his 37-year-old lawyer wife are adapting their nine-bedroom home in a multi-million pound renovation
New pool: The couple are having built what they hope will be an immaculate family home, with a home cinema and plenty of security
A pergola, hot tub and 12-seater cinema will also be installed in a converted greenhouse on the site of the Grade II-listed property.
Builders are also erecting ten CCTV cameras along the mansion's perimeter and new boundary fencing is also being added for added privacy.
Even before the work began, the 17th century property was already something of a luxury, boasting a suite of elegant reception rooms.
There is also a gym and steam room, a library, study, family room, formal dining room and cellar and a boat house.
Most watched News videos
- Redback spider catches brown snake in it's web and attacks it
- Terrifying moment deadly Chicago ambush captured on Facebook live
- Shocking moment a model poses on the ledge of very tall skyscraper
- Dog CRIES after being told off for chewing sofa into pieces
- Barmaid's dog spread feathers everywhere in her house
- Moment ISIS suicide attacker detonates bomb near Syrian rebels
- Final moments of radio broadcast before Dominican Rep DJ shot dead
- CCTV shows Kim Jong Un's 'female assassin' sent to kill half-brother
- Brutal moment James Arthur is smashed in the head by thug
- Donald and Melania welcome Israeli PM and wife at White House
- ISIS video of boys from Yazidi area of Iraq 'on suicide mission'
- Deputy Cody Williams and young boy in adorable dance-off