Did Hillary Clinton put on a southern accent on campaign stop in Memphis? Some critics claim she changed her voice
- Critics claim Clinton was putting on a southern accent during a speech
- Accusations Hillary was doing so in attempt to win over voters in the south
- She lived in Arkansas for nearly two decades, which could explain twang
- For more of the latest on Hillary Clinton visit www.dailymail.co.uk/hillary
Hillary Clinton has been accused of putting on a southern accent during a campaign stop in Memphis.
During a speech at LeMoyne-Owen College earlier this week, some people claimed the Democratic presidential candidate's voice had something of a southern twang.
Clinton has faced similar accusations in the past, most notably during speeches in Alabama and South Carolina.
Hillary Clinton has been accused of putting on a southern accent during a campaign stop in Memphis
Clinton lived in Arkansas for nearly two decades, which could explain a slight perceived change in her voice.
Critics claimed she may have put on an accent in an attempt to win over voters as she looks to secure results in southern states where Democratic rival Bernie Sanders is struggling.
And others said they considered her alleged accent change 'offensive', claiming it mocked people from the south.
Darrell McGowen tweeted: 'Hillary adopts southern accent for Memphis crowd. Doesn't she realize it's an insult to mock the way people talk?'
Critics claimed she may have put on an accent in an attempt to win over voters as she looks to secure results in southern states where Democratic rival Bernie Sanders is struggling
Lee Smith added: '#Fake Hillary Clinton campaigned in Memphis, Tennessee yesterday and Huma Abedin didn’t forget to pack her fake southern accent.'
Another Twitter user wrote: 'Hillary adopts southern accent for Memphis crowd. Apparently Hillary takes everyone for complete FOOLS'
While another said: 'Hillary is using her fake southern black accent on these poor kids in Memphis. What a fool.'
Most watched News videos
- Off-duty LAPD officer fires gun during altercation with boy
- Scantily-clad women brawl in downtown Austin, Texas
- Moment landing gear of FlyBe plane collapses at Schiphol
- Storm Doris wind and rain batter central London streets
- Stubborn lion refuses to budge from blocking the road
- FlyBe passenger David Fleming films Schiphol Airport crash
- Man can be heard in audio recorded on Liberty German's cell phone
- Djokovic and wife argue on Facebook after she forgets to end live
- Brave dwarf mongoose takes on deadly snake at Kruger National Park
- 'Trump' and 'May' on stage for Katy Perry Brits performance
- Plane struggles in Storm Doris crosswinds at Manchester Airport
- Moment man is literally swept off his feet as Doris hits Merseyside
The comments below have not been moderated.
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We are no longer accepting comments on this article.