ANOTHER hedge fund billionaire David Einhorn is 'heading for divorce as he and wife of 24 years separate'
- David Einhorn and his wife of 24 years, Cheryl Strauss Einhorn, have separated
- The two married in 1993 before he made his fortune estimated at a whopping $1.55billion as the founder of Greenlight Capital
- The couple have three children together
- Their 10,000-square-foot home in Rye, New York is at stake in the forthcoming divorce, Page Six reported
Billionaire David Einhorn and his wife of 24 years have separated and are preparing to divorce.
The successful hedge fund businessman married his wife, Cheryl Strauss Einhorn, in 1993 before he made his fortune estimated at a whopping $1.55billion.
Sources have told Page Six that the couple's 10,000-square-foot home in Rye, New York is at stake in the upcoming divorce.
Billionaire David Einhorn and his wife of 24 years, Cheryl Strauss Einhorn, are separating. Pictured above in 2013
In addition, David is rumored to have a vault full of gold hidden at a location somewhere in New York City and apparently used by his fund, Greenlight Capital, as a hedge against inflation.
Cheryl is credited with creating the name 'Greenlight' when he launched the fund back in 1996.
She is a media consultant and award-winning financial reporter who has taught courses at both Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and Columbia Business School. The couple have three children together.
Over the years, they've appeared together at several galas and are well-known for their philanthropic work.
At stake in the forthcoming divorce is their 10,000-square-foot mansion in Rye, New York (file above). The Einhorns are the latest in a series of prominent hedge fund couples to separate
Together the couple created the Einhorn Family Charitable Trust in 2002 with the goal of 'building a more peaceful and harmonious society,' according to its website.
David also serves on several boards, including the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research, City year and as the Robin Hood Foundation's board of directors.
Neither David nor Cheryl could be reached for comment.
The Einhorns are the latest in a series of prominent hedge fund couples to separate.
In December, fellow billionaire investor Bill Ackman and his wife, Karen Ann Herskovitz, announced their decision to part ways after 25 years together.
In December, fellow billionaire investor Bill Ackman and his wife, Karen Ann Herskovitz, announced their decision to part ways after 25 years together. Pictured above in 2015
Back in 2015, Citadel billionaire Ken Griffin settled at the eleventh hour what was being billed as the hedge fund divorce trial of the century, with wife Anne Dias-Griffin (pictured together)
The Pershing Square founder, worth an estimated $1.6 billion, and his landscape architect wife emailed friends to announce their separation.
'It saddens us to share that after 25 years together, we are separating. It is an amicable split, and we are making sure that we minimize the impact on our girls. We value your friendship and greatly appreciate your support', the email said.
Back in 2015, Citadel billionaire Ken Griffin settled at the eleventh hour what was being billed as the hedge fund divorce trial of the century, with wife Anne Dias-Griffin.
Griffin - the founder of Chicago-based hedge fund Citadel who is worth $6.9 billion and, according to court filings, earns $100 million a month — settled just before what would have been a bruising court battle.
A Cook County judge’s spokesman said: 'Yesterday we were informed that the parties came to an agreement. They settled the case. The divorce was finalized and a judgment for dissolution of marriage was entered'.
Most watched News videos
- Moment millionaire son killed himself and three other people
- Paralysed DJ receives therapy before ending his life
- Most boring video goes viral for two very obvious reasons
- Despicable moment when a mother brutally kicks her own baby
- Flexible seductive dancer stuns judges on Romania's Got Talent
- Pervy presenter gets a little too touchy feely with model
- Cute cat mumbles to himself while looking at birds from window
- German hostage says in video he will be killed if ransom isn't paid
- Hollande reacts as 'gun shot' goes off during his speech
- Watch Emma Stone's hilarious reaction following Oscars fiasco
- Jimmy Kimmel explains the pandemonium behind last night's Oscars
- Passengers break out in a fight on train over a bagel